Need Help with Unknown Tablet

johnnyblanco

Nov 2, 2012
Ok I bought this tablet off Ebay months ago and it was around 70 bucks that I paid for it and I feel that I was ripped off. The battery life sucks and the thing boots when it feels like it (I have to constantly turn it off and turn it back on otherwise it stays stuck at the android loading screen)

PLEASE help me in fixing this as I am at my wits end and I can't afford to get another tablet.

Johnny

Attachments

• $IMG_0142.JPG
    $IMG_0142.JPG
    477.7 KB · Views: 2,965
  • $IMG_0143.JPG
    $IMG_0143.JPG
    491.4 KB · Views: 2,646
D

Dawnstar

Hello Johnny

Reading what you said it seems to me it was working at one point why don't you contact the Ebay dealer he/she might help you more if not you could try to Re-flash the rom with another OS like JB (Jelly Bean).

johnnyblanco

Nov 2, 2012
Hello Johnny

Reading what you said it seems to me it was working at one point why don't you contact the Ebay dealer he/she might help you more if not you could try to Re-flash the rom with another OS like JB (Jelly Bean).

Yeah fat chance that'll happen the seller stopped selling this tablet and when I approached then with problems (and a negative feedback) they said nothing.

As for reflashing it.. I have zero idea how to do that. I tried putting this uberoid custom rom but if I plug the SD card into it .. it doesn't boot from the SD card.. it still boots from the internal OS.

So yeah I would love to reflash it but I have zero ideas how to proceed. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Johnny

johnnyblanco

Nov 2, 2012
Found out that it's a RK2906 tablet. So that's one down.. So what can I do to reflash this thing or should I scrap it and get a better tablet?

kolo333

Nov 4, 2012
Does your computer see tablet when it is stop on Android logo? If your answer is yes - install ADB drivers and try start recovery mode/bootloader (adb reboot bootloader or adb reboot recovery).
Maybe you know how you can start recovery mode (I think you can do this but you must know what hardware buttons you can push).

johnnyblanco

Nov 2, 2012
Does your computer see tablet when it is stop on Android logo? If your answer is yes - install ADB drivers and try start recovery mode/bootloader (adb reboot bootloader or adb reboot recovery).
Maybe you know how you can start recovery mode (I think you can do this but you must know what hardware buttons you can push).

Yeah I know what buttons to push it's like volume down and that gets me the robot with the triangle and exclamation point. And yeah it can see the tablet (at least I think it can).

Is there a guide for all this? I am green when it comes to the android stuff but.. I am pretty good with computers and can follow instructions.

vulcanize

Dec 28, 2011
i am in the same boat as this guy.
has anybody managed to do anything with these rk2906 tablets.

Well, you can root it, install CWM, add play store etc. for starters.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...x-based-tablet-rooting-adding-play-store.html

Then when you find appropriate firmware from the respective manufacturer - upgrade it to JB etc.

I have a thread in XDA regarding upgrade of Proscan PLT7035-B to Jelly Bean 4.1.1

There is also a thread of Oma in XDA for custom JB

Do all this at own peril. Good luck.

Last edited: