Need Latest Firmware for COBY Kyros MID1042 Tablet

abdulrehman690

Oct 29, 2021
Hello All

Can Someone provide me latest Firmware for COBY Kyros MID1042 Tablet .

currently on Andriod 4 and having issue with playstore not opening . factory reset the device many times and still same issue .

waiting for help guys ..

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Can Someone provide me latest Firmware for COBY Kyros MID1042 Tablet .
You have the latest firmware. Coby never provided updates to the Generation 3 tablets such as yours, and with Coby out of business, never will. The reason the Play Store refuses to open is that it is tied to Google Play Services. As of August 2021 Google Play Services requires at least Android 4.4 in order to function. The Generation 3 tablets all had Android 4.0.3, below the minimum requirements for Google Play Services.

While I strongly recommend purchasing a new tablet, as yours is far too old and slow to be of much use except perhaps as a book reader, if you insist upon trying to update it your only real option is to see if you can implement MicroG, which is an open source alternative. To use it however, you have to patch the ROM to enable signature spoofing as well as deleting Google Play Services from the system [requires root access]. Plus, MicroG currently does not have an open source alternative to the Play Store.