Need to reset password

Thinx

Jan 23, 2011
Hi all I am a newbie here,Have purchased 2 tablets for my kids , very happy with both except my daughter put a password in and then promptly forgot it, I have tried to unlock without success.
Specs on machine is as follows,
7" tablet,start screen shows WMT2_1_1_88
android 1.6
2.6.29.00236 94f8dbbb dirty
Have downloaded appropriate firmware flash script, but at the moment only have memory stick to try to flash it with am quessing it needs micro SD card to accomplish this?as using the udisk facility isnt working to flash it and restore operating system, all starts and loads but cannot get past password screen help please :mad:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
You are correct on needing SD. also, there is a good writeup by Offworld as a sticky in general Q&a section

Thinx

Jan 23, 2011
Thankyou for the confirmation , Machine is sorted and my daughter thinks im a clever Daddy now, We wont dissapoint her by telling her I have clever friends just now lol.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Thinx, welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you got that problem sorted out.

Bensonbuu

Apr 12, 2012
Hi Thinx,

My daughter did the same thing to her Telefunken Tel7J last month and we're still trying to fix the issue. Would you be able to provide some details ast to how you got around fixing the password issue, please. Cheers, Benson