Netflix App Suddenly Not Working on TC 970

scbuckeye

Nov 10, 2012
I have had my TC 970 for quite a few months and have had no problem using the Netflix app. Suddenly a week ago it started giving me an error message every time I tried opening it. An error message comes on and say it cannot connect to Netflix right now and to try again later error code 13001. I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, I rebooted the tablet, turned off the tablet for @ 15 minutes and also turned off my router for the same amount of time thinking maybe something needs to reset, etc. I have contacted Amazon Appstore support and Netflix support and they can't seem to help me. Has anyone had this problem? I should add that I can connect to the internet, email, facebook etc. with the tablet so its not an internet problem. Also Netflix works fine on my desktop and laptop. Anyone have any ideas?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi scbukeye, all good things to try and you are on the right track. In addition to uninstalling and reinstalling the app you should go to settings>apps>Netfilx and clear the data and cache for the app. You would think uninstalling would do this but it doesn't always. Aside from that it may be a new version of Netflix that is the cause although they didn't help you. In that case it will probably be fixed once hey realize there is an issue with the app. One last thing it could be is Flash player you might want to try another version or see if you can clear the cache or uninstall reinstall Flash and see if that helps.

JP

scbuckeye

Nov 10, 2012
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried the things you suggested and its still not working. I also went to 1mobile and downloaded it from there since it seems like it is an earlier version than the one on Google Play and Amazon Appstore but that one will also not work. I guess I will just periodically keep trying it again and see if it will start working again. Its just a real pain that it quit working.