Netflix app working on the A101

AaronCPgh

Apr 5, 2011
Hi there, I have a question? I have updated my new Archos 101 to Firmware 2.3.26 and tried to run PlayOn which tells me that Flash Player is not installed. How does one update their flash player? I've googled all over the place and can't find an answer. YouTube videos play just fine, my stuff on Facebook plays just fine and I'm pretty sure that's Flash based as well. Want to try the Netflix apk, but wonder if I'm still going to run into the same Flash prob? Any thoughts would be appreciated. :) Thanks!

Update! I have successfully installed and run the Netflix apk. Works just fine with no glitches whatsoever. I wonder what's wrong with PlayOn?

Last edited:

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
I get flash player off of the android market... not sure what's up with play on.. haven't tried it...

AaronCPgh

Apr 5, 2011
Thank you! I got it all working just fine after installing Flash 10.3 from the Android Market. It did not come up in the standard version of Market that came with Archos.

jviola

May 20, 2011
Do I download the file directly from my Archos 101 or do I download it to my computer, transfer it to a sim card then install it on the archos? Thanks...

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
either or... it should download straight to the device. Once it is complete pull down on the notification bar and click the notification item. It "should" install if you get parsing errors, as one of my friends did, you'll need to go in to the "download" folder on your sd card and delete the bad apk before trying to re-download..

jviola

May 20, 2011
The download from XDA to my Archos 101 failed everytime I tried it. But I was able to download the file to my computer then I installed it on my Archos through the SD card using astro file manager. That worked. The Netflix app seems to work fine on my Archos 101.

texasranger

May 21, 2011
When I try to download the flash 10.3 I get a message " No android phones associated with this account" When I try on adobe website it offers me mcintosh or windows, or linux versions no droid what to do?

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Hmm... sounds like ur trying to download it straight from the web market.. u need install the google apps and market onto ur device.. there are several ways to do it but the easiest IMO is to use the app Arctools that u can find in the Apslibb market.. then u may have to do the market fix that's listed in the stickie threads at the top of this forum..

xTRONxx

Nov 19, 2011
I need help installing whatever i need for netflix...can anyone help me??? Im new on the Tablet ad dont know what I'm doing...