Netflix on S7

fachex

Nov 10, 2010
Confirm that apk is working without change the build file but it just run 1 second movie as stated at #1.

My apologies, it does not work. It does what you mentioned. I thought it did because it started the movie but I had only and "account error" because I had put the account on hold. But after I released the hold I realized that It didn't work.
My apologies.

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
I've gotten it to work on the brazil 2.2.1 by the way. Maybe has something to do with the android version.

Sent from my Nexus S using Android Tablet Forum

lemmyslender

Jan 10, 2011
@joenilian

Any issues with the Brazilian Rom? I'd love to get Netflix running. Care to share details? Any clue what the differences are with the Singapore rom?

blade111

Jan 14, 2011
Has anyone tried doing netflix now since the new update. This is what it says on the update, (Removed check that prevented attempt to playback on unsupported devices)

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
Has anyone tried doing netflix now since the new update. This is what it says on the update, (Removed check that prevented attempt to playback on unsupported devices)

XDA already had disabled that but it's worth a try.

I can't see it on the market. I'm not sure if they are still disallowing market access to most devices or if it's just a market issue that I'm having with Indo 2.2.2.

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
@joenilian

Any issues with the Brazilian Rom? I'd love to get Netflix running. Care to share details? Any clue what the differences are with the Singapore rom?

all u have to do is install the brazilian rom and then install netflix and it works, the only issues i have with the brazilian rom is the screen lag, it doesn't lag as in the rom is slow, it's just not as smooth as the indonesian

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
@joenilan
thanks for the info...used your instructions and finally got netflix going...
thx again...

Chinoy,

What is the difference between Brazilian and Indo? Does Brazil support two cameras? Is everything working in Brazil that was working in Indo?

I have the BB S7 too.

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
Chinoy,

What is the difference between Brazilian and Indo? Does Brazil support two cameras? Is everything working in Brazil that was working in Indo?

I have the BB S7 too.

i have the same s7 as you BB-104, everything works with the brazilian rom, the differences between the two is that the indonesian rom is Froyo 2.2.2 and the Brazilian is Froyo 2.2.1, not sure if this is what has to do with it not working on the indonesian rom or not, still haven't had any success running it on 2.2.2

Maui9

May 29, 2011
I have been following this fourm since i bought it in november but this is my first post. I just flash to the brazil rom and netflix works great. Both cameras work as well. My s7 is from best buy. here is a video of the app working on my s7

Last edited by a moderator:

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
i have the same s7 as you BB-104, everything works with the brazilian rom, the differences between the two is that the indonesian rom is Froyo 2.2.2 and the Brazilian is Froyo 2.2.1, not sure if this is what has to do with it not working on the indonesian rom or not, still haven't had any success running it on 2.2.2

Thanks! I will try that....2.2.2 supposedly only roots with SOC while 2.2.1 will root with Z4 and UaR.

Chinoy

Dec 22, 2010
JDubTrey,

Tried Netflix with the Indonesian and Norwegian ROMs, it only worked in the Brazilian ROM. BTW I've used SOC to root Indo, Norway and Brazil ROMs... chinoy