New Acer Owner Joining The Ranks!

Ami

Jan 24, 2011
Hi all! I am coming to Acer straight from Velocity Micro Cruz (aka 'Velocity Micro Crud') T301 so really ANY slightly better device is a step up for me! I don't really wish to speak ill of VMC since it WAS my first steps into tablethood and was good for learning the basics but untill I got my new Acer I hadn't realized what punishment my Cruz was putting me through that so far I have seen nothing of in the Acer. A lot of things drew me to this particular tablet which you all know already the finer points and functions of this device and which have probably swayed your own tablet-buying decisions as well. Anyway, I am very glad to be here among other Acer owners to learn and share about our 'abies'

Ami

Jan 24, 2011
that last is meant to say 'babies' but Acer touch-
screen and keyboard wont allow me to bring the
blinky cursor down to delete and edit the word.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Hi Ami. Good to see new faces on the forum. Welcome. I live on the other side of the mountains in Port Orchard. My first Android tablet was a ZT 180, not a Zenithink, got it from Flat Computing, but it was basically a Zenithink. Learned a lot from it, but it was a pain to use. Then I really stepped up and bought an Archos 101 and I thought I was in Android heaven! I loved it until the usb port died before my warranty expired, which was a big hardware problem with that tablet, and I had to send it back to get fixed. Archos customer service was so bad at the time, taking 2 months or more to fix minor problems, I got my money back and bought the A500, and I'm so glad I did! This one is so much better than the Archos. So, we are sort of in the same boat, as well as the same state. :eek: I don't understand why you couldn't edit that word though.

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
Hi, Ami. I'm a newbie, too. Two week into A500 ownership and lovin' it. I have 2 other tablets: A Le Pan II, nice 9.7" Honeycomb (official Google) tablet backed by a too small company, and a BlackBerry PlayBook, very nice 7" tablet with a beautiful Operating System, fabulous cameras, but a decided problem when it come to apps - there aren't any. Well, there are apps for the BB PlayBook, but an extremely limited selection. My Acer is sitting right on my desk at my office today, just as it has been since the day it was delivered (which was also to my office). It helps me out at work, it helps me have fun at home. It's one fine device!

By the way, I did say I have two other tablets. Not had. My name is barskin, and I am a device junkie.

Last edited:

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Congratulations on you new Acer. I think you will really like it. I have had mine now for several months and haven't seen anything out there that I would trade it for. In fact, I bought an iPad when they first came out because they were the only tablet out at the time and I liked the idea of a tablet. When the Acer A500 came out I was one of the first to get one and I gave the iPad away to a friend. Welcome to the forum as well. There are a great bunch of members here with lots of valuable information. Best forum I have used. I don't even go to any of the other forums I signed up in any more.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
Welcome aboard and congrats!

I also upgraded to an Acer, and the thing is awesome.
After several failed attempts at loving the art of hacking cheap unsupported off-brand Android tablets I got an A500 and I have not looked back.
I just got the Ice Cream Sandwich update last week and it has been like getting a brand new tablet with the latest OS installed on it! :D

Hope you like yours as much as I like mine.