New Android Tablet

mez7000

Oct 2, 2013
Hi All

I've just received my Google Android Tablet, purchased from Ebay at £64, so not expecting an all singing all dancing tablet.

The spec is as follows:-
9" touch screen
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
CPU - A13 Boxchip Cortex 8, 1.5ghz
Duaol DDR3 Total 512mb
8gb storage and expandable via SD card

I have a sneaky suspicion, this may be a Q99 Allwinner type tablet from some internet research i did ahead of the purchase.

From first impressions, i'm quite impressed, have downloaded apps and work fine, its very responsive, display is sharp.

Since i like to customise the home screen appearances, my only gripe that I have, and since i've only had experience of android phones, is that when i add widgets to the home screens there doesn't seem to be a lot of room, the tablet will not let me add several widgets to one screen, eg email widget fills the area where i place my widget, and i cant add any more to that screen, rather than fill the whole viewable screen they are dumped in the middle of the view, so If i wanted a big clock on the screen and a weather widget it just will not let me do it.

Its almost as if I have an android phone system installed in a tablet, is this what i should expect from such a cheap tablet or can i customise it etc

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Mark

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Though the specs are weak it certainly isn't a Google tablet. Boxchip is not used by Google. Can you not swipe left and right to new screens?