New comer - completley new to android os

ThreeTwo

Oct 1, 2011
Hey all.

Just got my first android (never even used an android before), only a very cheap one from china so obviously not going to be great. As far as I know it's the 7" Mid Via 8650

In settings the model number shows: WonderMedia WM8650
Kernal Version:2.6.32.9-default
Android Version: 2.2
Build Number: generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver1.5.1-20110708.105253

Like I said I'm completley new to androids and this is the first time I have messed with one. Looking to root this tablet as it doesnt have google android market on it wich I would like to get.

Nice to meet you all :)

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hey ThreeTwo, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet. It's nice that you could join us here at Android Tablets as a member. Hopefully, you're going to be pleasantly surprised by the capabilities of your tablet. Just click on this link to the WonderMedia Based section of the forum. Once you get there, read through the stickies at the top and then look through the threads that are already there to get a feel for the things your tablet is capable of. If any questions come to mind, that's the place to post them. The folks in that section are the ones who are familiar with your tablet and they should be able to help you along. Who knows, they may even get to know you well enough to call you 32.:) Have fun out there.