new here' wanting to learn

jamescbarrow

Jul 26, 2014
Hey all just joined, I purchased a next book 7 off eBay. Its OK already looking at something better. Looking at a Motorola Xoom or a nexus possibly something I could fix since I am good with computers.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi James, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. The Nexus 7 2013 has been in the top 10 since it came out. If your budget allows, that's the one I'd recommend.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
No problem, as long as you can find a used one in good running condition.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Although I've repaired several desktops, I wouldn't attempt anything more complicated than a battery replacement. My fingers and tools are all too big, and I don't have that kind of patience.;)

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Thanks for the info , would you go with a first or second Gen or does it matter.

You can get good deals on ebay if you are patient, and lucky, I recently bought a dell Venue 8 - Intel Atom Z2580 Dual Core 2GB RAM 32GB brand new in the box unopened, came with android 4.3 and as soon as I hooked it up to internet kitkat was available.

I paid $82 plus $7 shipping, I have less than $90 in this tablet. Tablets and phones aren't hard to work on but very time consuming, harder for me now cause my eyes aren't what they used to be.

This dell is a very good tablet, I know it's not on your list, but if you can get one reasonably priced the tablet is worth it, as stated though from your list nexus would be the best get which ever version fits your budget.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
That's great, waiting after you've ordered has always been the hardest part for me.:)