New member, northeast England

RosL

Feb 16, 2012
Thanks for letting me join the forum. I wasn't particularly searching for it, just looking for info about tablets with a vague notion that I might perhaps one dsy buy one. This looks like a good place to find out more.

I've got a Galaxy S+ phone that I'm very happy with, and know Samsung make Galaxy tablets but I'm unsure what spec I'd need nor really whether I want to invedt at this point or not.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi RosL, glad you decided to join the forum. Welcome to Android Tablets. If you think you might be interested in a tablet, the best place to browse around for "shopping" information would be the Android Tablet Discussions section. Just click that link and you'll be there. When you get there read the "Sticky" threads at the beginning of the section to get a feel for what your requirements might be. Look throgh the threads already posted there to see if anything being discussed is of interest to you and if you have any questions, that would be the place to post them. Have fun and enjoy the forum!

RosL

Feb 16, 2012
Thanks for the guidance, Spider, and for the welcome

RosL

Feb 16, 2012
Not sure whether this is the right place to ask this question, but here goes anyway. I tried to change my profile pic. Have given a link that is showing on the profile pic thingy but not next to my messages. So then I thought maybe I should change the Avatar pic to the same thing...again gave a link to the same pic and got the message that
"Your file of 14.7KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5KB for this file type"

Now, Maths was never my strong point....but....

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The "for this file type" makes me suspect the limit is different for .GIF, .JPG, .JPEG etc. All I can suggest is to shrink it down a little or convert it to a different file type and try again.

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
welcome to the forum mate! hope you find what you are looking for. some of those galaxy tabs are fine tablet, particularly 7.7 & 8.9 :)

fredgar

Feb 10, 2012
Just bought my wife the Galaxy tab 10.1 and after rooting and flashing a custom rom it is an awesome machine. Before that it was really laggy. When typing on the internet there was a bad delay as well as jumping from page to page. But now it is worth the money I spent. But if your looking for power and expandable memory then i would suggest the Asus transformer prime. It has been given a bad rap but mine is a powerhouse without problems and is only slightly more expensive than the galaxy. Welcome to the site. I just joined myself and have found it very helpful. Hope it goes as good for you!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk