New Member Saying Hi

Sabi

Oct 23, 2012
Greetings all my name is Mikey, I recently bought ( 2 weeks ago ) a Samsung Galaxy 2 7.0 and it's brilliant. I've never had a tablet before and I love gadgets, PS3, 3DTV, Surround sound. My PC runs through my TV ( 46" Samsung ) too. I like photography and Bonsai strangely enough. I will endeavor to search through the forum before asking stupid questions, my first point of call is attempting to get Jelly Bean onto my tablet, I'm bored of waiting for the update. I have the GT-P3110 Version. Thanks all ;)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Greetings Mikey, congratulations on your new Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. I see you've gotten off to a fast start, finding your way around the forum and helping out already.:) That's what the forum's all about. Get help when you need it and help others when you can. I'm pretty sure you already found out, but if you need anything specific to your tablet the Samsung Galaxy Tab forum would be the place to go. Enjoy your new gadget and the forum!

Sabi

Oct 23, 2012
Cheers dudes, to be honest I'm still in two minds about putting JB on my Tablet. I'm not exactly savvy with how to do it, and rather concerned about turning my tablet into and expensive place mat. In all honesty, would you bother to do it ?, for two reasons :-

1, It looks a little techy for my know how, I've also read you're not supposed to run it for prolonged periods, I've also never done anything like this.

2, The update is due out soon anyway.

What do you think ?. I don't wanna thread mix but I've not found much info at the minute on the pros and cons of doing it.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
In your first post, it sounded like you were pretty happy with the tablet as it is. Since the update is coming soon, I'd wait and see what happens there.

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
Welcome to the site. I would also advise to play it safe and just wait for the update.