New Motorola Xoom Ad: Empower The People

WenWM

Sep 21, 2010

We have seen many pre-super bowl previews from Motorola about the Xoom, and this seems to be one that will make a big impact. The video above is a shortened version of what Motorola will be showing off during the second half of the big game tomorrow. The whole idea of this video iseems to be a group of Apple followers all alike. Then, one man turns around and goes against the crowd with his very elegant Xoom. This, I think, will make for one of the better tech based ads.

Created by Anomaly New York, the ad entitled "Empower the People" is set in an Orwellian, 1984-esque world where technology - and people - are limited by restrictive platforms. Enter Motorola XOOM – the tablet to create a better world – and a new day with optimism, openness, freedom and empowerment.
Source (A Piece of Motorola’s Super Bowl Ad for the XOOM [VIDEO] | Android Phone Fans)

Last edited by a moderator:

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Looks awesome, looks like a very fun tablet.... great alternative to the iPad... great pric----- DOH!!! :(

superbike81

Jan 3, 2011
Looks awesome, looks like a very fun tablet.... great alternative to the iPad... great pric----- DOH!!! :(

Still $20 cheaper than the comparable iPad. That's if the $700 price is true.

For all the features it offers over the iPad, I think it's a pretty good deal.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
I understand it's close to the comparable iPad... but Motrola wants to "beat" the iPad, not compete against them. Just about everyone feels (and knows) you can't compete against them at that high of a price point. There are only so many people who can afford to purchase a $700+ tablet, and IMHO... most of them will be buying an iPad2.

Arun01

Jan 11, 2011
Hmmm i bought me a Dell Streak 7 & it works great...but still anxious to try the Xoom...if i get hands on with the Xoom & it proves to be better than my Dell Streak 7...then it might be bye bye Streak.But the 7inch is much more portable but we will see.

regnaD kciN

Jan 22, 2011
According to Yahoo news, the price is going to be $799. Not many of "the people" are going to be able to afford being "empowered" at that price point.