New to Android

nickelpeed

Dec 7, 2011
Hi, I'm Penny and I am new to the android market. I bought two different cheaper tablets on E-bay, both for Christmas. Both are MID 702 with Android 2.2. One is just a regular 7" tablet: [h=1]7" Android 2.2 VIA 8650 Tablet PC Netbook WiFi Cam MID[/h][h=2]REAL ANDROID MARKET OS 2. 2 USA SELLER FAST FREE SHIP!![/h]
and the other is: 7" ANDROID 2.2 TABLET HONEYCOMB MOD 3.0 3.1 CUSTOM ROM CAMERA 3G WIFI ROOTED USA

I bought both from Dealz Central on E-bay. I am getting ready to buy another for my daughter so she can take to her college classes.

I've ordered this one:
[h=1]7" MID TABLET PC FLYTOUCH ANDROID INFOTMIC 1GHZ ROOTED 2.3 GINGERBREAD SUPERPAD[/h]
The guy from the store said if I am not sure, I can change to another. I do not know much about Flytouch or Gingerbread Superpad. Can someone tell me something about it?

Would it be better for me to get another Honeycomb? He suggested maybe a MID c71 4GB Cortex Android 2.3. Should I stick with a system that has been around longer? Or should this Flytouch Android INFOTMIC be okay? Thank you.

I like dealing with this seller because of the other tablets I bought from him. They've worked great, so I would like to stay with him. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are the specs for the Flytouch:

• Processor: INFOTMIC 1GHZ
  • Frequency: 1000Mhz
  • Memory RAM: 256MB
  • Flash Memory: 2GB (1GB Free) (Expandable by T-flash card to 32GB)
  • WiFi: 802.11 b / g
  • 3G Function:
    - TD-CDMA:TD368
    - WCDMA:Huawei E220/E230/E160X/E169G/E1750
    - Alcatel X060S/X200
  • Speaker: Built-in Speaker 8/1W
  • Camera: Built-in .3MP
  • Reset hole: Hidden (reset function)
  • Buttons:
    - Top of the key: Power Key
    - Positive primary key: ESC
    - Right button Volume control Keys + Menu button
  • Display Resolution: WVGA 800 x 480 Pixel
  • Size: 7 WVGA wide-screen (800*480 / 16:9 )
  • Touch Screen: TFT Resistive Touch Screen (two point touch),achieve pages and images zoom in and out
  • Card Reader Slot: T-flash card (Support up to 32GB)
  • Sound effect: - In focus Audio
    - Built-in stereo speaker
    - Built-in Microphone
Supported Media Formats:
  • Audio: MP3,WMA,WAV,AAC
  • Video: [MPEG1/2/4,MJPG,H263](1280×720) resolution,H264 (720 × 480) resolution.
  • Battery: 2800mah, 7.4V
  • Gravity Sensor: 4-Dimensional gravity sensor
  • Battery Life - Standby time: above 10 hours - Video play: 3 hours
  • Unit Size: 19.85cm × 12.7cm × 1.68cm

nickelpeed

Dec 7, 2011
Well, if she can use it for movies, she will. She does have a netflix account; however, she wants to use it mostly for a portfolio and some of her research for classes. She also goes to facebook a lot and has her own webstite/ shop on line. I no nothing about tablets.

What exactly is flytouch? Is gingerbread better than honeycomb? Should I spend the extra $70 to get the 4GB Cortex? She basically wants something to put in her purse and I really don't have a lot to spend on it. The guy I get them from at E-bay is very good. They root them for you and will customize; however, since the 7" Mid 702 Flytouch/Gingerbread is relatively new, they will not customize for about another month.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Penny

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Penny, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you decided to join us as a member of Android Tablets. The best place on the forum for "shopping" advice is the Android Tablet Discussions section and I'm moving your thread there so more folks can see it and try to help you. Good luck!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I think you're in the right place now to get some replies to your post. While you're waiting, click this link and read the "Sticky"s and look through some of the threads in this section. there's a lot of information here. Android Tablet Discussions