New to Androids

Missymud

Sep 28, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the Android world. I do not know very much about these tablets. I tried a few in the stores. They look like a lot of fun. Do all Androids have e-readers? Are they user friendly? I just read on another website that the resistive screens are better is this true? I would appreciate your help and advice. I am going to be 62 in November but, I am definitely not old. I love learning new things. I know enough about computers to get around. I taught myself almost everything that I know. But am not an expert.:eek:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Missy, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. Most tablets come with some sort of e-reader and if they don't, you can usually download one. I think most people feel a capacitive screen is better and that's what you usually find on the higher end tablets.

Missymud

Sep 28, 2011
Hi Spider, thanks for the welcome and thanks for the info on the capactive screens. Have you ever heard of a site call Deal Extreme, they're in China? I they a reliable company to do business with?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Missy, I haven't had any experience with that company. I personally prefer to either buy from a local store or a reputable mail order place like Amazon. In Chicago, you have a great many stores to choose from and if there's any problem you can easily go back where you got it and return or exchange it. If you buy something from another country and it arrives broken or whatever, even if the company is reputable, you've got a much bigger problem. I'm a firm believer in "You get what you pay for." and usually stick with name brand products as well, but if your budget doesn't allow that try to research your purchase very carefully. Probably the best thing to do would be to follow this link to the Android Tablet Discussions area of the forum. Read the stickies there and post whatever questions you have about tablets and vendors in that section. That's where you're most likely to find someone who can help you. Hope this helps a little, and good luck with your search for that perfect tablet.:)

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Hi Spider, thanks for the welcome and thanks for the info on the capactive screens. Have you ever heard of a site call Deal Extreme, they're in China? I they a reliable company to do business with?

Ive bought from china before - these are so called shanzai tablets. Really hit or miss on the quality and if one fails the path to return and replacement is difficult. shipping back to china can take a while not to mention expensive

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk