New to forum

SmackDaddies

Aug 2, 2012
older than dirt, owned color nook, stolen by daughter, new owner of A100 (iconia - Acer) which I am just learning. Probably an I Pad in my future (sorry - work supplied) Got my start with the trash 80 in high school, moved up to a commodore 64 (cassette drive, natch). Learned how to program in COBAL on punchcards. Early adopter of OS/2 (yes, this is a test to see if you know your computer history). Own way to many computers of a variety of systems (Mac/PC). Never got into Linux nevermind the fact I once knew COBAL.

That's pretty much it. I am currently working my way through the updates to the A100 (bought refurb through Sears, $179). I pretty much web surf, email and read books on my tablets. Looking forward to seeing if I can make VPN work to hook into my office email. Likely hood of getting the IT weenies to approve that is minimal.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, congratulations on your new Acer A100 and welcome to the forum. It's nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets.

bigmooke

Jul 29, 2012
I am with you! Spent many hours in college in front of an IBM 1610 learning Fortran, Cobol, BAL, RPG and a lot of other old alphabet soup that was life in those days. I think I was watching when they decided on the name for dirt! :)