New to Tablet world

gtimes2

Aug 12, 2011
I was intrigued by someones IPad at work but know I did not need anything so sophisticated. Just looking for something (a toy basically) I can have on the go to check e-mail and some sites I visit regularly. Bought a SuperPad III android 2.2 (or so the E-Bay listing said) within my toy budget, that seems pretty generic to me. Can't find a manufacturer on the box or device anywhere. Model # is DSC010,
build # FRF85B, there is also a Kernel version. The seller "thought" it was a MID. Any ideas?
It is supposed to have a 1 year manufacturer warranty, but I have yet to come across anywhere where I can register it.
Seems like it will be ok for my needs, but I don't like the way the touch screen reacts. Sometimes I have to tap the area I want to go to several times before it responds, and many times it goes to the menu above or below where I want to go. Pen seems to help a bit, but still not so accurate on touch screen. Could be I just have big fingers! It came with a case and keyboard attached through a USB that seems to work, except the shift key does nothing, so I can't have any capital letters or symbols attached to the shift key if using the keyboard. Am I doing something wrong?
I have a Kindle I use daily, and hope I can download books for the tablet from my Amazon account. Yes???
Again, I am not a techno-brain and am looking for something simple that is not as big as a laptop or netbook so that's why I opted for the tablet.
Any suggestions to make things easy to use?
Thanks!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi gtimes2, welcome to the forum. I see you already found the right place to ask questions. Hopefully the folks over there will be able to answer all your questions.