Capitalize the First Word In A Sentence

deb

Aug 24, 2010
I just got this tablet and keyboard/docking station Saturday and I love it so far (my real cheap one finally went out on me).

Except, I cannot seem to find out how to make it automatically capitalize the first word in a sentence.
I have Jellybean on it, have not (will not) root this (if you can--I did search titles in this thread and saw something like that. But no thread on this capitalization problem I have).

I've tried Polaris, Supernote, Documents to Go (free version and the full), Google Drive. None of those seem to do that. I couldn't see any settings in these apps to change that.

When I check tablet settings, Lanuage & input, the Android keyboard has the auto-capitalization checked. The ASUS keyboard, the same.

Am I missing something? or is there another app? Preferably compatible with Word, Excel, etc.?

The right shift key is so small (my only complaint so far) that I would prefer it to capitalize as much as possible.

Thanks.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm not 100% on this but the last time I looked the option would need to be in the keyboard. Install Hackers Keyboard, (you may really like it), I know it has that option. Don't/won't use Polaris as the version on the TF is a tad buggy.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
When using the keyboard dock, there is no way to have it capitalize the first letter of a sentance after a period. It does work with virtual, just not physical keyboards (including BT and USB)