New Video Conference/Chat App

Feb 7, 2011
Just a heads up, Skype is gearing up with a market update for their app which is suppose to allow video conference and chat sometime late this month. Droid-life is reporting around the 28th of Feb. Wondering if this will work.... I've gone through the trouble of getting sipdroid to work (so my tab is now able to make phone calls) but as soon as I attempt to send a video it closes on me as is the case with EVERY OTHER VIDEO CHAT PROGRAM UNDER THE SUN. A bit annoyed by this...

reelportal

Feb 10, 2011
Just a heads up, Skype is gearing up with a market update for their app which is suppose to allow video conference and chat sometime late this month. Droid-life is reporting around the 28th of Feb. Wondering if this will work.... I've gone through the trouble of getting sipdroid to work (so my tab is now able to make phone calls) but as soon as I attempt to send a video it closes on me as is the case with EVERY OTHER VIDEO CHAT PROGRAM UNDER THE SUN. A bit annoyed by this...

Cool w/ Skype et al, but did you try my ReelPortal app (which btw, has been out for a month)? XDA users reported it works fine for them:

moc7: After no luck with Yahoo Messenger or ooVoo for Tablet-PC video chat, I downloaded this for my A101T & it worked just fine.
njbreaker: it worked on my 101 and i video chatted w/ my PC! I LIKE....lots of potential here! now should i root and upgrade to froyo so it works on my fascinate? hmmm.

You can see more comments at the link in the OP, including problematic firmware to watch out for. If you have other problems, please do tell. Thanks.

Last edited:

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
I have it too just can't figure out how it works. With yahoo you have to download the "plugin" that allows it to work.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

reelportal

Feb 10, 2011
I have it too just can't figure out how it works. With yahoo you have to download the "plugin" that allows it to work.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Not sure if you are referring to the ReelPortal app. If you are, here's an example on how to use it:

1) email your friends "let's meet on ReelPortal at 2pm today, in room TEST"
2) at 2pm, you'd sign on to ReelPortal with any nickname you choose, with room TEST
3) also at 2pm, all your friends do the same as step 2)
4) now you all are connected to each other, BUT
5) your webcam and microphone are not on (button 9 & 10 are RED), so you need to click them to turn GREEN
6) now everyone can see and hear each other

If your friends don't have Android tablets, they can use the PC/Mac instead, just go to ReelPortal.com, and it runs right in your browser. Same code, same interface as the Android version.

Last edited:

Papa Pearce

Feb 16, 2011
This looks promising! My fiance is anything BUT tech savvy, so the fact that she can use it just by simply visiting the website is a plus (no install for her to go through!). I'm definitely going to have to check into this one later today.

reelportal

Feb 10, 2011
Added link to usage directions in the first post. You are encouraged to improvise :).

Last edited:

jennie23

Jan 10, 2013
I am using Live2Support chat app in Android Tablet. Live2Support is a real time chat app with website visitors and customers. I was using Live2Support on Android mobile but now i bought Android tablet.