Newbie - Questions and problems ePad 10" (don't know anything else about it)

rich91

Mar 24, 2011
Hello,

I'm new to the site - Just signed up. I had been reading through loads of posts and couldn't seem to find answers to my specific questions or documented instances of people having the same problems I seem to be having with my new tablet PC!

I did read the post about stating which tablet you have when asking questions, but unfortunately I cannot give anything clearer than it's a 10" 'ePad'! (according to the box)

The thing is, I got this tablet directly from China through a friend's friend over there - this is NOT the one I was suppose to get!

The one I asked for was a '10.2" SuperPad ST250'. On the specs sheet that I was shown, this one had 2 USB ports, 2 T-Flash (micro SD) slots, an HDMI port, an RJ45 port and obviously a DC and a headphone socket. It was supposed to have 256MB RAM, 1GMHZ ARM11 CPU (Infortm X220), 2GB hard drive, XN203 GPS and be Wifi enabled.

All I can say about the one I've received is that according to the box it's an ePad 10", it has 1 USB port, 1 T-Flash port, 1 'OTG' port, some type of Ethernet port and obviously the DC and headphones sockets.

Just trying to give as much detail as I can about the device ordered and the one received (I'm hoping they are at least very similar).

Unfortunately I have only been able to have around a 10 minute play on the thing so far as the battery died after this and I couldn't charge it due to the charger provided being a US (or EURO) plug input. I've been to 5 different places today looking for an adapter as I wanted to try the device today rather than waiting for one ordered from . I couldn't find one (which is nothing short of appalling in this day in age) and have therefore settled with the hope that it will take charge via USB (I see no reason why it wouldn't).

So I bought a male-to-male USB so that I could charge it via my laptop (or USB-plug adapter that I've got). I got home, plugged it in and left it for a few minutes so it could get a bit of charge before attempting to switch it on again. When I switched it on when it was plugged in via USB, it comes up with the normal startup logo - a really bad looking 'Epad' logo that uses the Internet Explorer 'E' at the beginning, and then shows the little green Android robot man logo in the top left hand corner, and after that it stops! It doesn't go any further to the normal running system. It just stops on this screen and no amount of screen tapping or menu button pressing will make it do anything! It wont even respond to the on/off button. The only thing you can do is unplug the USB, which makes it instantly switch off.

So my first question is, is this normal?
I am sure it can't be, surely you can usually use tablet PCs when they are charging! However it could be that I need to let it take a more fuller charge before I try to use it.

Another thing is, after trying the above, I tried unplugging the USB and then turning the device on before plugging in the USB for charging. When I did this, the screen went blank as soon as I plugged in the USB and then the speakers started making a strange sort of high-pitch buzzing/groaning noise!
So I am stumped! I do not know what's going on with it.

All I can say is that I'm not too impressed so far! Earlier when I did have it on for that short time, I did have a play on Angry Chicken though, which played fine! Other than that all I did was look at some settings and go on the calculator. The system seemed to be working fine.

If anyone could just let me know if any of the above is even vaguely normal or common, I would appreciate it. I just hope that thing isn't a complete heap of s**t. Even the possibility of it being faulty would be a bit better, as I could get a new one sent out maybe. However I intend to on having words with the person it was that got this for me either way, as it's the wrong one anyway! But sending it back to China isn't really that viable an option because it didn't cost too much and the shipping for there does!

Sorry for the somewhat long post!
Any help/comments will be greatly appreciated! :)

Rich

javanewbie

Mar 25, 2011
your epad isnt normal, same with my epad =)
you can go through by plug it into your male to male usb, and try to reset by pressing long button which used to increment / decrement volume sound and then move to right a button to switch off/on.

may be this help =)

rich91

Mar 24, 2011
your epad isnt normal, same with my epad =)
Did you mean 'is' or did you actually mean 'isn't' ?

I've now managed to get an adapter for the US plug and I've charged it today and played around a bit more on it, mostly things seem fine but I have just started having problems again! I also have some general questions.

The problem I've just had is that I just tried plugging some alternative headphones into the pad when I was watching youtube videos, and the damn thing has crashed on me! I just posted about the issue in this thread, because I found someone else who had had the problem; http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/5537-epad-cant-boot.html

One of my questions: Has anybody got the GPS working on their ePad? If so, how do you do it because it wont work on mine. Also, what's the normal battery life for these things? As I'm sure mine ran out so quickly today!

Oh and come on people get replying! 56 views and only one response..

Cheers again!

DroidOut

Mar 22, 2011
i cannot remember which button sequence is it, so try both

hold the on/off button and the menu button for 20 sec
or
hold the on/off button and home button for 20 sec