Newly Gifted Android Tablet

freshmacman

Jun 22, 2012
Hi Fellow Members
I have just joined the forum and hope to learn much from all of you. I was given an Android Tablet as a Father's Day present from my family. I am new to the Android technology and since Sunday I have been learning to navigate my way round.
The tablet I have is Android Version 2.2, Kernel 2.6.32.9-default, Build No. V1.5.3.
The manual that came with the device appears to be vague on certain issues. I hope those of you who already have a device similar to mine might be able to clarify the issues.
My questions are:
!. Is the device capable of webcam? If so, how do I set it up?
2. There is mention of a camera in the manual but i see nothing that remotely would suggest that there is a camera function in the sense of being able to take pictures.
3. At the bottom right hand corner of the screen there is stuck on a plastic square, 1cm x 1cm. Is it meant to be removed? if not, what function does it perform?
I shall look forward to your knowledge and advice on the above questions.
sincerely
freshmacman

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Freshmacman, welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. To get started, I'd suggest you click this link to the Android Tablet Q&A section. Read the "Sticky:" threads at the beginning for some good general information about tablets and Android. I'm also moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, so more people familiar with your tablet can try to help you. Good luck!

freshmacman

Jun 22, 2012
Hi fellow members

I am asking the questions i asked before and would be grateful if someone could help out.

The tablet I have is Android Version 2.2, Kernel 2.6.32.9-default, Build No. V1.5.3.

My questions are:
!. Is the device capable of webcam? If so, how do I set it up?
2. There is mention of a camera in the manual but i see nothing that remotely would suggest that there is a camera function in the sense of being able to take pictures.
3. At the bottom right hand corner of the screen there is stuck on a plastic square, 1cm x 1cm. Is it meant to be removed? if not, what function does it perform?

I shall look forward to your knowledge and advice on the above questions.
sincerely
freshmacman

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
You don't give me to go on, the name of the tablet and perhaps a link to where you got it would be more helpful.

My guess would be no the tablet isn't able to use a webcam.

You should be able to remove the plastic square.

If you have a camera it would visible on the front or back of your device, if you don't see a camera lense, then you don't have a camera, also there would be a camera app you just click to start camera.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I did some googling this is what i found.

Model: Wonder Media WM8650
Android: Froyo (2.2)
Kernel: 2.6.32.9-default
Build: generic-eng 2.2 Froyo,ver1.5.3-20110819.012300

Cpu Info:
Name: ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l)
Freq: unknown
Cores:
Architecture:
BogoMIPS: 797.97Mhz
Hardware: WMT

General specs:
Processor: VIA8650
Frequency: 800MHz
Memory: RAM 256M
Flash Memory: 2GB (* on 4GB: System: 2.23 GB, Local: 1.77 GB)
Speaker: 8 / 2W
Microphone: Internal
Reset Button
Power button voice + _
Display Resolution: 800*600
Screen size: 8 inch
TFT: Resistant touch screen
Touch screen: Supports resistive touch two points
Camera: No
GPS: No
Bluetooth: No
3G: external 3G function
Video: Support 1080P Movie (mpeg...)
G-Sensor: 4 way G-sensor * (actually a WMT 3-axis accelerometer!?!?)
Network: WiFi IEEE 802.11b/g
Audio port: 3.5mm Headset
USB: 1*MINI 5PIN USB PORT 9V 1.5A DC-IN
SD: TF up to 32GB
Operating System: Android 2.2
Flash: v10.1 (evaluation version only, Adobe dropped the arm5 support for flash, this is the only version there is)
Adapter: DC 9V 2A