Pulse (Android 2.2) Tablet - Account Problem

daveb416

Apr 29, 2012
Hi All. I bought a "Pulse" brand tablet today in Toronto for $80, brand new. I started using it, and it seemed to have been branded already with someone's email address. The internet said I should factory reset; Ok. It had the email address (chuanhua88) even after the factory reset! I don't want to ruin the tablet, I just want to be able to give it my personal information so I can start downloading and using it as my own.

*Here is some information it offers about itself. Model WM8650 V701C. During boot it says 2.2, 2.6.32, 1.5.5 . Build generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver1.5.5-20110920.043830 . Kernel 2.6.32.9-default.

On Personal Computers, I can be an expert. On Android, I'm still very new. In fact, I bought this so I could learn technical details.

Have an answer or a website? I could use a hand. Thanks everyone. -- Dave in Toronto

Stormium

Apr 20, 2012
If you add your own google account you should be able to remove that one. I've had this problem before with a tablet we got as a sample. The email address tends to be that of the guy who tested it at the factory.