Nexus 10 vs. Note 10 vs. Surface RT

Elandry

May 28, 2013
So I'm in the market for a new tablet which of the main uses will be reading etextbooks on to replace paper versions and save me from the hassle of carrying them around.

I've pretty much narrowed my choices down to a Nexus 10, Galaxy Note 10 or Surface RT but I am not sure which one to go with and I am still open to other suggestions!

Here's what I like and dislike about each:

Nexus:
Good- The screen is very nice and the stock android always being up to date is awesome
Bad- No removable storage which is kind of a bummer

Note:
Good- microSD slot, the stylus and the screen doesn't seem too bad
Bad- Touchwiz and bloatware as well as low res screen

Surface:
Good- Great build quality with good screen and feels very snappy and quick, it also looks really nice
Bad- Not sure I'm sold on Windows RT or how well it supports ebook and digital textbooks also it is the priciest

So basically I need some help now, I will be waiting at least through June to see what new things are announced but I will need to buy in July or August at the latest.

My main concerns are which OS has the best selection and support of etextbooks and ebooks since that is a major priority and like I said I'm unfamiliar with Windows RT but would be open to trying it if it has better support. Next on the list would be best readability and battery life.

I'm open to suggestions and would love to here what you all have to say.