Nexus 10

Dec 16, 2013
Hi I was thinking of getting my wife a nexus 7 2013 £200 but I have found a Nexus 10- 2012 for £260 as any advice, I think the Nexus 10 has quite a good revue and as far as I know it is getting android 4.42 my nexus 7-2012 has been updated to 4.42, I don't know what to do new tech or last years. Help

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
Hi I was thinking of getting my wife a nexus 7 2013 £200 but I have found a Nexus 10- 2012 for £260 as any advice, I think the Nexus 10 has quite a good revue and as far as I know it is getting android 4.42 my nexus 7-2012 has been updated to 4.42, I don't know what to do new tech or last years. Help

1st thing to ask yourself (or your wife in this case) is which form factor fits her needs? The answer to that should quickly narrow your choice.

I have both the Nexus7 FHD and the Nexus 10 and I find that they are both useful to me but for different reasons:

Nexus 7 FHD for simple games, reading books and as a GPS. Maybe YouTube videos from time to time and as a convenient MP3 player. Great to have if you're waiting at the Doctors office or similar situation.

Nexus 10 for browsing the web, watching movies or TV shows and playing more demanding games where the extra screen real estate enhances the experience. Nice for reading magazines as well if your at a table or desk.

These are MY uses for each size tablet - yours could be VERY different.

Side note: The Nexus 10 still holds up well spec-wise even after a year on the market. I have yet to see another 10" Android slate that blows it out of the water. So I wouldn't get too hung up on specs...

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2013
Hi Angus66 as it is for surfing the web and games I think it will be the Nexus 10 we already have the 7" 2012 and as you said the spec are still pretty good, thanks for your help and advice.

have a great festive season regards Alan

Sorry, commercial links are not allowed in signatures.

littlejaye

Mar 28, 2013
Nexus 10's are wonderful but from a women's perspective the nexus 7 makes more sense for us on the go type. We have smaller hands and most of the time we are doing more then one thing at a time. The 7 inch is easier to carry around and during chaotic times the little power houses can slip right in our purses. Little hard to do with a 10 inch tab.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

edap

Dec 12, 2012
My wife already keeps a smartphone in her purse, so she prefers to use the 10-inch device around the house, especially in the kitchen for checking out various recipes.