Nexus 7 Already Huge Hit; Selling Out In Many Retail Stores Across the Country

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
Nexus-7-double-angle.jpeg

In case you missed it, the official retail launch of the Google Nexus 7 started on Friday, and it has been a phenomenal success. The new "super-bang-for-your-buck" tablet has been selling like hotcakes and is becoming a scarce commodity from retailers. Over the weekend, most of the major retailers selling it, Office Depot, Staples, Sam's Club, & Gamestop are sold out in many areas of the country, although your mileage may vary. For now, your best bet is try to hit up these retailers, either in person, or online to see what is available (although several of them show as sold out online). Even if some of them offer online sales, know that it might take a while to get to you. In fact, Gamestop has already blown out their first two allotments of the device and are moving into pre-orders for their third.

Sound off here if you find a good retailer that still has them in stock, so you can help the rest of us nab one!

Source: NexusTablets.net via PCWorld

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Very cool. Nice to see that the initial interest has been followed up by actual sales.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I'm not surprised that a lot of people are buying it: it has google market :), it cost close to nothing but it's brought on the market buy a well known company. Too bad my taste in tablets changed....I want a bigger one!