No uinput.k on MID-7042, Killing Droidmote

reddragon72

Jun 6, 2012
if you already have cw recovery installed, just put this zip on sdcard boot into cw recovery and flash it.

coby_uinput_support.zip

Thanks, I will run this on the tablet tonight. CWM looks like it is still on the play store so I'll just install that one unless it is already in your image.

This is called very good support. And the ROM of vampirefo for sure is the best because is made by a smart people and make the best support on this tablet.
thanks

Yes it is like night and day with the two ROMS I have run. The other one seemed to lockup when installing an app, but Vamps is still functional when I am installing apps.

BTW the only issue I am seeing with droidmote is there is a lag or non response when I first move the mouse around. So I have to move my finger around for a sec before the tablet responds. Not sure what that is all about so I'll keep looking. But other then that it is working!!!

zulu99

Oct 12, 2011
I assure you that when you have good router, or tether with the portable hotspot function the phone with the tablet not lag at all. you can see the videos on youtube.
For all users and Developers of new ROM, when you want test all the future of DroidMote read this F.A.Q. DroidMote Server and Client FAQ
it's time to share all the potential of DroidMote.

reddragon72

Jun 6, 2012
Plenty of info here with links. The major thing seems to be that some roms simply wont play nice with uinput. I found Vampires worked great but you need to insure your tablet will work with his rom. Please see his thread for his ROM for that info.

srkmish

Aug 15, 2014
Hey Vampire, i flashed the file from internal sd card, but im still not able to see the uinput module in my Ainol venus tablet. I dont have any dev/uinput folder yet. My kernet version is 3.4.0+ .