noob of noobs needs help to beat christmas with bad market on brand new 7015

dragontrlr

Dec 21, 2011
I purchased a new coby kyros mid7015 for a christmas gift with the sole intent to root and install market to get the kindle app I was given a few hundred mobi format books. this would be an entry level tablet reader for my mother who just retired to see how she likes it with the intent to upgrade if she does. I followed the instructions to update the coby then root and then load the market app. each step was done the first time successfully from a youtube video link that i found on this site. once the tablet was all set, i completed the google sign up and log in for the tablet as instructed. when i went to access the google android market it says "no matching content in Android Market" any attempt to search yields the same result. I tried re intstalling the zip file to no avail. I need to try and get this fixed in the next 48 hours for christmas down at my mothers. any suggestions would help. I am out of shopping days and need to get on the road. extremely not technical so any answers should be for dummys - thanks

dragontrlr

Dec 21, 2011
oh and the youtube app doesnt work either, it gives - "the application sysdev (process com.google.android.youtube) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again. and wants to force stop. so anyone have any ideas before i have to drop another 150 bucks on a different tablet to have something come sunday. appreciate it

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Why do people think that they need rooting and Market to install things like Kindle app? Neither are needed.

Install other apps markets: GetJar, SlideME, Amazons. You only need to use the built-in browser to download a file and install it, nothing more. Kindle is available at least on Amazon store for sure, probably on the other 2 as well.

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
Have you done a restore from your backup of the nonrooted stock ROM? You did make a recovery backup, right?

It sounds like you have the wrong market apk for your device. You need to get rid of that install and locate the correct one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

dragontrlr

Dec 21, 2011
i thought i did a restore from my back up but i actually think i didnt do back up point until i had rooted it. the google market apk for this device that i downloaded was part of a package from a tutorial for th 7015. i also tried removing and reinstalling but i will search the internet and try and find the right one.