new and need help

rclohessy

Apr 23, 2011
I am very new to all of this, I just DL the newest version to my NC, is there a step by step guide for dummies on how I get the free apps, adn the market on my nook? I see all over the boards all of the stuff you can do with the NC and i am a little confused. I did see the "dummies guide for Rooting your NC but do I still need to do that with the new version?
I have tried DL them to my computer then transfering them to my nook, that doesnt work. please help,

THank you
a newbie in need :)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I am very new to all of this, I just DL the newest version to my NC, is there a step by step guide for dummies on how I get the free apps, adn the market on my nook? I see all over the boards all of the stuff you can do with the NC and i am a little confused. I did see the "dummies guide for Rooting your NC but do I still need to do that with the new version?
I have tried DL them to my computer then transfering them to my nook, that doesnt work. please help,

THank you
a newbie in need :)

Hello and welcome. If you mean the newest version as inthe 1.2 update available today there is no root currently available. You only have limited access to the B&N market on that version at the moment. If you are willing to wait a few days an autonooter procedure should become available soon. If not you can revert back to B&N sofware 1.1 or earlier and then autonooter your nook starting here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...color-now-what-aka-complete-idiots-guide.html.

Cheers,

JP