Notifications of FLASH Update but New Flash Version Not Compatible?

oletruckdude

Mar 23, 2012
I love the new OS and my Visio Tablet is even faster than before.
My only problem now is that I keep getting notifications that Adobe Flash needs to be updated, but when I try to update it through the Play Store it tells me the new version isn't compatible with my Vizio Tablet and doesn't do the update. Then I continue getting the notifications.
I've edited my notifications by unchecking the Adobe Flash icon, but the notifications continue even after restarting.
It's not a big deal, but a little annoying.
Anyone know how to either get the update to flash to work or stop the notifications?
Thanks!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
You need to side load the newer version of Flash. Try searching the threads for it. How to do it has been covered multiple times in all of the recent threads here.

JP

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
I got flash 11.11 on, but Adobe keeps coming out with new versions so every week or so I get the message "This verson not optimized for this device". I guess there is no way to stop getting the auto updates. I'll download a newer version in a month or so and install it.

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
I love the new OS and my Visio Tablet is even faster than before.
My only problem now is that I keep getting notifications that Adobe Flash needs to be updated, but when I try to update it through the Play Store it tells me the new version isn't compatible with my Vizio Tablet and doesn't do the update. Then I continue getting the notifications.
I've edited my notifications by unchecking the Adobe Flash icon, but the notifications continue even after restarting.
It's not a big deal, but a little annoying.
Anyone know how to either get the update to flash to work or stop the notifications?
Thanks!

Please get ahold of Vizio Tech Support for your answer and then let us know what they said. You can find their number at www.vizio.com

I know from experience with the Vizio Honeycomb update that the version of Flash that Vizio shipped with their Tablet works best with the Standard Android Browser and yet it still does not preform as well as the Flash Players that other Honeycomb Tablets are using.

It seems Adobe will not give Vizio a better Flash Player for the Vizio Honeycomb OS and we are stuck in the middle.

Last edited:

LastDance

Apr 28, 2012
I downloaded flashplayer 11 from the internet to my epic 4g android phone. Using Astro File Manager (ASTRO_3.1.363.std) then I
saved flashplayer 11 as an apk file. I used Root Explorer to install the flashplayer.apk on my Vizio with Honeycomb after moving the newly created flashplayer.apk file to the Vizio SD card. Astro can be found on Google Player. Flashplayer 11 is working fine on my Vizio 8 tablet running Honeycomb and the tablet is not rooted. Bought my Vizio 8 from COSTCO, $189.00. Got home, charged it, turned it on and immediately it up graded to Honeycomb, never saw Gingerbread. I am extremely pleased with the tablet. Then again, I wasn't expecting a Ipad! LOL