Novo 7 Basic 4.0.3 Firmware & Nov 7 Paladin 4.0.3 Firmware Update

PaulaD

Mar 23, 2012
new problem. Anyone having problem with the USB logo not showing when you connect to your PC? Since the logo does not appear I am unable to connect to the PC. Grrrrrrrr

So, here's my newest problem. Since I could not connect I thought, hmmm, I'll do a reset back to factory specs. Nope.......didn't work. All it did was take me back to 4.0.3, erased what I had downloaded to it and STILL unable to connect the tablet to the PC via USB. I was able to download Overdrive Media Console to it but it doesn't do me any good since I cannot find the file system either. Before I did a reset at least I can access the ESfile system. I can access my pictures and videos though the gallery or media player but cannot access my books. Used to have an icon for the file system. It's gone.
So, in a nutshell, I cannot connect to my PC nor can I access my files on my SD card. Anyone?

Last edited:

PaulaD

Mar 23, 2012
new problem. Anyone having problem with the USB logo not showing when you connect to your PC? Since the logo does not appear I am unable to connect to the PC. Grrrrrrrr

So, here's my newest problem. Since I could not connect I thought, hmmm, I'll do a reset back to factory specs. Nope.......didn't work. All it did was take me back to 4.0.3, erased what I had downloaded to it and STILL unable to connect the tablet to the PC via USB. I was able to download Overdrive Media Console to it but it doesn't do me any good since I cannot find the file system either. Before I did a reset at least I can access the ESfile system. I can access my pictures and videos though the gallery or media player but cannot access my books. Used to have an icon for the file system. It's gone.
So, in a nutshell, I cannot connect to my PC nor can I access my files on my SD card. Anyone?

Ok......so just for the heck of it I decided to try to to the update once again to see if I could get it to work. Well, it did work. I now have my file system back and am able to read my books again after downloading Overdrive Media Console. However, I still cannot connect the tablet to the PC. I've got the debugging stuff all checked but to no avail. Maybe I'm missing something. Any suggestions?

TurningJohn

Mar 15, 2012
Hi PaulaD It seems that you're at odds with your Novo7 again, glad to see it's back up and working. I have further news on my problem, after five weeks my tablet finally arrived back in China, they have checked out the machine and offered me either a refund or replacement, I opted for a replacement and after a couple of days they have replied and said my original purchase price will be refunded to my account within three business days. So much for the language barrier. I think I'm going to go for an A1CS 10" tablet which I believe is based on the Gnome? at least I can either call in to the suppliers myself or get one of my family to do so if I have a problem. They actually built their machines in the UK so I'm told, but none the less the company does have some very good reviews, I will actually be calling in to the factory within a week or so, so watch this space for an update. Here's hoping for a smooth ride for you and your Novo from now on. John :eek:

PaulaD

Mar 23, 2012
Hi PaulaD It seems that you're at odds with your Novo7 again, glad to see it's back up and working. I have further news on my problem, after five weeks my tablet finally arrived back in China, they have checked out the machine and offered me either a refund or replacement, I opted for a replacement and after a couple of days they have replied and said my original purchase price will be refunded to my account within three business days. So much for the language barrier. I think I'm going to go for an A1CS 10" tablet which I believe is based on the Gnome? at least I can either call in to the suppliers myself or get one of my family to do so if I have a problem. They actually built their machines in the UK so I'm told, but none the less the company does have some very good reviews, I will actually be calling in to the factory within a week or so, so watch this space for an update. Here's hoping for a smooth ride for you and your Novo from now on. John :eek:

John, at least you have a resolution. It's funny that your choice was again lost in translation. I think if I had it to do over again I would not purchase a Novo again. I probably should have read these boards first. I'm still frustrated that I cannot connect to my PC. I can copy books from my PC to the SD card but that is beside the point. I should be able to connect the tablet. Here's hoping your next tablet works without all the hassle. Would be interested in hearing how you feel about your new tablet.
I'm hoping that someone will come up with a solution for me.

TurningJohn

Mar 15, 2012
Hi Paula. Received my refund today and immediately transferred it from my PayPal to my bank account. To be honest I wasn't sure if I was actually getting the refund but glad that I did. The tablets I'm looking at are the "Genuine" Flytouch 3 or one of the Zenithink models, all of which I will be able to have hands on with before parting with my cash. Luckily (I think) I have a Microsoft trained nephew who is also keen to get into the tablet market and I'll be taking him along with me for advice. (It gives me someone to blame later but seeing as how he recommended the Novo7 Paladin to me in the first place I'm not sure that I fully trust his judgement!!) At least this time he will be parting with some of his cash as well.
How long have you had your Novo? might it be worth following the same line that I did?
Good luck whatever happens.
John.

PaulaD

Mar 23, 2012
Hi Paula. Received my refund today and immediately transferred it from my PayPal to my bank account. To be honest I wasn't sure if I was actually getting the refund but glad that I did. The tablets I'm looking at are the "Genuine" Flytouch 3 or one of the Zenithink models, all of which I will be able to have hands on with before parting with my cash. Luckily (I think) I have a Microsoft trained nephew who is also keen to get into the tablet market and I'll be taking him along with me for advice. (It gives me someone to blame later but seeing as how he recommended the Novo7 Paladin to me in the first place I'm not sure that I fully trust his judgement!!) At least this time he will be parting with some of his cash as well.
How long have you had your Novo? might it be worth following the same line that I did?
Good luck whatever happens.
John.

woohoo! :D So Glad you actually got your refund. Yippee! LOL. If your nephew has to put out his cold had cash he's likely to be careful.....you hope........
I ordered mine 12/22/11. right now, if I can get it to connect to my PC I'll be a happy camper. Who knows....it might just be operator error, which has been known to happen a time or two :D. I wish I could have had hands on before ordering but everything here at the big box stores are all the expensive iPad, Samsung, etc. I'm going to have a family geek look at mine to see if he can help. Let us know what you decide and how you like it.

TurningJohn

Mar 15, 2012
Hi PaulaD and anyone else who may be interested. I have returned with a 10" tablet called the "A1CS Fusion 5 Premium" which I believe is based on the i Pad II architecture, I'd not come across the name before and I suspect it is produced and named on behalf of the supplier that I got it from, a small setup called A1CS Ltd. based at the Belmont Industrial Estate near Durham City UK. The day after I bought the tablet I had a problem with the G sensor and called them up and although they do not normally work week-ends they opened up for me (mainly I think it was because of the 300 miles I had traveled to buy the machine) they had a quick look at the machine and replaced it with an upgraded model to compensate me for my inconvenience. So I have to give the company five stars for service. As to the Fusion 5, neither I nor my teenage granddaughter have any problems with the tablet, fast 1.2GHz, 1 Meg DDR3 ram and 18GBt on board memory, smooth and very reactive scrolling or sliding, I'm not sure how you describe moving from page to page but it's good whatever you call it. I would like to add more but at the moment I'm rather keen to get back to testing out the game potential!! By the way after discussing the trials of the latest dual core tablet with the owner of A1CS my nephew has decided to wait until a heat dissipation issue is dealt with before he parts with his "Hard Earned" cash although he knows exactly where he will be spending it. Bye for now and I hope you have some luck with your geek! :D

PaulaD

Mar 23, 2012
Hi PaulaD and anyone else who may be interested. I have returned with a 10" tablet called the "A1CS Fusion 5 Premium" which I believe is based on the i Pad II architecture, I'd not come across the name before and I suspect it is produced and named on behalf of the supplier that I got it from, a small setup called A1CS Ltd. based at the Belmont Industrial Estate near Durham City UK. The day after I bought the tablet I had a problem with the G sensor and called them up and although they do not normally work week-ends they opened up for me (mainly I think it was because of the 300 miles I had traveled to buy the machine) they had a quick look at the machine and replaced it with an upgraded model to compensate me for my inconvenience. So I have to give the company five stars for service. As to the Fusion 5, neither I nor my teenage granddaughter have any problems with the tablet, fast 1.2GHz, 1 Meg DDR3 ram and 18GBt on board memory, smooth and very reactive scrolling or sliding, I'm not sure how you describe moving from page to page but it's good whatever you call it. I would like to add more but at the moment I'm rather keen to get back to testing out the game potential!! By the way after discussing the trials of the latest dual core tablet with the owner of A1CS my nephew has decided to wait until a heat dissipation issue is dealt with before he parts with his "Hard Earned" cash although he knows exactly where he will be spending it. Bye for now and I hope you have some luck with your geek! :D
John I am thrilled you have a nice working product. It sounds like you just might have a winner there. Keep us posted as to how you are getting on with it, especially with the gaming. Big High Five to you! So happy that things are working out for you.

Paula

TurningJohn

Mar 15, 2012
Hi PaulaD. So far so good with the new tablet. The G sensor reacts amazingly on games like Turbofly once my grand kids got their hands on it, I thought it was over sensitive but they say I'm a little over corrective!!?? I wonder if that means "Get to bed It's my turn now". How are things working out on your Novo7?
John.

PaulaD

Mar 23, 2012
Hi PaulaD. So far so good with the new tablet. The G sensor reacts amazingly on games like Turbofly once my grand kids got their hands on it, I thought it was over sensitive but they say I'm a little over corrective!!?? I wonder if that means "Get to bed It's my turn now". How are things working out on your Novo7?
John.

Hi John, yup.......your grandkids want the tablet! LOL. everything is going well on the Novo. I haven't tried connecting to my computer in awhile so don't know if that has been corrected or not. However, I have found a way to get my books on it. I'm a patient type of person so most of the time I don't mind a work-around. One does what one must <sigh>

Happy to hear that you are a happy camper with your tablet. Stay well..........
PaulaD

TurningJohn

Mar 15, 2012
Hi again PaulaD. It's been almost two months now since I started with my A1CS Fusion5 Premium and it is still going well, book reading, games, astronomy apps and car diagnostics to name but a few.
I have been trying to find out if there is a generic name for this tablet so others who do not live in the UK can try to purchase it from a local source but no luck so far, I suppose I could try searching this forum:confused:, :mad: should have thought of that first. I hope by now that you are having more success with your Paladin. Ah well back to the Olympics.
John.

PaulaD

Mar 23, 2012
Hi again PaulaD. It's been almost two months now since I started with my A1CS Fusion5 Premium and it is still going well, book reading, games, astronomy apps and car diagnostics to name but a few.
I have been trying to find out if there is a generic name for this tablet so others who do not live in the UK can try to purchase it from a local source but no luck so far, I suppose I could try searching this forum:confused:, :mad: should have thought of that first. I hope by now that you are having more success with your Paladin. Ah well back to the Olympics.
John.

John, that is really nice your tablet is still performing well. One o the things I'm still not happy about the Paladin is the wi-fi. It still isn't as strong as I would like. I haven't tried to connect it to my pc since my last post since I had found a work around. Probably should give it another go just to see what happens. Anyway, thanks so much for the update and if you find find the name to which it is referred here in the U.S. then please let us know.
Take care,
PaulaD

TurningJohn

Mar 15, 2012
Hi PaulaD, the information that I have managed to find is :- Model number 3C97 generally available under the name of U9GT2, it is a 9.7 inch multi touch screen with an A10 processor. Quite an impressive specification generally but they are bringing out better versions all the time, mine lacks Bluetooth, I bought mine two months ago before they had the Bluetooth model available. The tablet is available in it's various formats on Amazon UK but I'm not sure about the US availability under the Fusion5 name. You could try looking for the 3C97 or the U9GT2 9.7.
Good luck with your hunting.
John.

PaulaD

Mar 23, 2012
Thanks for the info John. Am going to check it out. Happy that you are still liking your tablet. :D

applelapz

Aug 19, 2012
step by step instruction for the firmware upgrade please.. and the exact firmware to e loaded on my novo 7 basic and the minimum requirements. thanks :)

- applelapz -