Official firmware for A816 with Bena motherboard

kaybee327

Sep 20, 2011
Just had email from Aishuo here is link to latest official firmware for A816 with Bena motherboard

a816.20120103.zip

For those who do not read Chinese see attachment and click on white box which reads 电信下载.

Chinese site changed now click on the box that says 115 with blue circle and orange oval - text on oval remains same

post-94271-0-12877600-1325695670_thumb.png

enjoy

Keith

Mods: suggest sticky so all can go here

Last edited:

kaybee327

Sep 20, 2011
I think my download was about 4.5 minutes.

One warning I think they may have broken screen calibration at least my home key will no longer get me to calibration screen. I have emailed them for comment.

Also see they have a new app - acceleration calibration, I am advised that all three set to -2 seem to be about correct but everyones taste is different

Keith

kaybee327

Sep 20, 2011
Seems that screen calibration has slightly changed.

short press on menu to get

$calib.jpg

and then a long press to get calibration screen.

Regret some bad news to finish. We will not be getting Honeycomb or Ice Cream on the A816 as Aishuo say spec is not good enough. But maybe one of our clever members can do a private port :D:D:D

Keith

jordilt

Mar 12, 2011
I've already got Honeycomb on mine - works well

Sorry for my english! Can you explain how you did it?. It is posible to share a link?

By the way, the link for the firmware in this post dosn´t work. ¿It is possible someone post an alternative link?

Thnaks

jordilt

Mar 12, 2011
Jordilt

Link works fine just tried it

Keith

Thanks for your answer. Well I told you my english is very bad.... In fact the link is right, the problem is just the download fails. It starts to download and it finish only with a file of less than 200kb. But after 3 days of tryng (no less than 20 times!) finally I have the file download right. Now I will try to update my tablet....I hope it is not too difficult to do. One question, do you know if after the update I will loose all programs and configurations?
Thanks again!

kaybee327

Sep 20, 2011
Jordilt

I am sure your English is a darn site better than my Spanish

Should not do but do a backup first then at least you can restore apps and settings

Keith

Last edited:

jorge2622a

Feb 20, 2012
Sorry for this stupid question: I've been searching for an upgrade for a820 and it's has the .pkg extension, quite different to the file I download. How can I install this upgrade in my tablet?.
Thank a lot