Onda V701 audio problem

Nov 19, 2012
Hi!
I have some trouble playing mkv files with either DTS or AC3 audio on Androids MoviePlayer.
I have recorded so you can hear for yourselfs: Voice 003.amr download - 2shared

AAC seems to work fine tho. Could it be fixable with a codec ? I have tried other players and with DICE the audio is not a problem, but video gets a bit laggy. The menu bar at the bottom(http://i48.tinypic.com/30ky591.jpg) of the screen never fades in other video players, so i prefer to use the preinstalled one.

Im begging for ur help :(

Nov 19, 2012
Hi, which firmware is this happening with, did you do the 1.5.5 or still with 1.5?

Hi!
This is with 1.5. I tried to update to 1.5.5 because of it but didnt manage to figure out how. Got an error in recovery mode saying " verification failed " or something.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi!
This is with 1.5. I tried to update to 1.5.5 because of it but didnt manage to figure out how. Got an error in recovery mode saying " verification failed " or something.

Did you follow the walk-through again from start? You need the 1.5.5 update.zip file on sdcard and make sure to wipe/clear all again, it should have no problem installing. Let me no i will reply tomorrow.

Nov 19, 2012
Did you follow the walk-through again from start? You need the 1.5.5 update.zip file on sdcard and make sure to wipe/clear all again, it should have no problem installing. Let me no i will reply tomorrow.

Yea, i read it, but i dont know where to find the "update.zip". Do i extract it from "V701D_v1.5.5" ?. If i open it there is a zip file named "Resource.V701D_v1.5.5.hld.zip", should i extract that one to the SD-card ?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Yea, i read it, but i dont know where to find the "update.zip". Do i extract it from "V701D_v1.5.5" ?. If i open it there is a zip file named "Resource.V701D_v1.5.5.hld.zip", should i extract that one to the SD-card ?

Open V701D_v1.5.5 then open Resource.V701D_v1.5.5.hld.zip then you will see update.zip just drag it to your desktop as it is then copy to sdcard, make sure you take the
"1.5 update.zip" you used earlier off the sdcard and then follow walkthrough.

Nov 19, 2012
Open V701D_v1.5.5 then open Resource.V701D_v1.5.5.hld.zip then you will see update.zip just drag it to your desktop as it is then copy to sdcard, make sure you take the
aah, now i get it. i will try and come back to you on my progress. I didnt need to extract anything from the 1.5 zip file for it to work, so thats why i got confused.

Nov 19, 2012

I have updated to 1.5.5 now, but unfortunately the audio problem still remains... :confused:

Nov 19, 2012
Sounds like bad codec, i will see if theres fix and get back to you.

Yea its probably a codec issue, but it seems to be unfixable?:confused: I did find another method you can use tho, but it takes a little more time. By using different software programs you can extract and convert audio. With a program called mkvmerge you can extract the audio file and use any audio converter to change the fileformat to a suitable one. Then use mkvmerge again to merge the video with the new audio file. This can be a huge benefit because the size gets considerably smaller.
However, i want to thank you for taking your time to help.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I have done this to another v701 and still got problems with AC3/DTS. I guess its something with the replacement apps in the zip file ?

Hi, try opening the patch.zip file, goto system, then etc, then firmware, there is 2 audio files copy these to sdcard then root them with the rest with root explorer.

Nov 19, 2012
Hi, try opening the patch.zip file, goto system, then etc, then firmware, there is 2 audio files copy these to sdcard then root them with the rest with root explorer.

Thx alot man. I didnt know wich specific files i should copy, so i replaced all audio codec files with the chinese ones in root explorer, and now the sound is working as it should.

Last edited:

sup3rfly

Jun 2, 2013
Thx alot man. I didnt know wich specific files i should copy, so i replaced all audio codec files with the chinese ones in root explorer, and now the sound is working as it should.

I have the same tablet that came with Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1., and I have the same problem. I have tried everything I would say. Now.. I don't know what patch.zip you are talking about, but on google I found an AC3_DTS_Patch.zip which I installed in every way possible (with recovery mode, then I copied the two audio files in etc/firmware).. still the audio problem persists. Please help... I have looked all day long for a solution, and that's why I post this. (sorry for my bad english)
Is there a specific patch for Android 4.1.1? Or is an universal patch that work for every version?