onda v712 v2 video playback and battery issues

tennyaldo

Feb 2, 2013
hi just bought this tablet a few days ago, and here's my current firmware and issues. just wanted to share them maybe u guys have some similar issues and found some solutions for it

onda v712 v2 ics 4.0.3 baseband 1.5.5

video playback problems:

- used all possible players on playstore ( mxplayer, diceplayer, bs player ) all have same problems as listed below
- problem is certain videos was choppy and having distorted sounds ( videos with FLAC audio has this problem )
- videos with DTS sound has problems also ( right channel has lower volume )
- other videos with these codecs are ok ( AVC , AAC , MP3 )

battery issues:

- after complete discharge, i charged it to 100% and did battery calibration, i noticed that after 76% it suddenly jumped to 100% fully charged so not sure if my batteries faulty
- and if my battery is bellow 50% it discharges really quickly even when screen is off and no wifi.

UPDATE: just replaced my onda v712 and i still got the same problem while charging when it reaches 77% it suddenly jumped to 100% fully charged O.O

- will try to test out some videos max brightness and see how long it will last...

Last edited:

DRFP

Jan 16, 2013
I think you may need to exchange it, I have not read of so many problems on Onda's, my V711 had a screen problem but the rest was fine. I just ordered the V712 for the better screen

jdtoledo

Jan 12, 2013
hi just bought this tablet a few days ago, and here's my current firmware and issues. just wanted to share them maybe u guys have some similar issues and found some solutions for it

onda v712 v2 ics 4.0.3 baseband 1.5.5

video playback problems:

- used all possible players on playstore ( mxplayer, diceplayer, bs player ) all have same problems as listed below
- problem is certain videos was choppy and having distorted sounds ( videos with FLAC audio has this problem )
- videos with DTS sound has problems also ( right channel has lower volume )
- other videos with these codecs are ok ( AVC , AAC , MP3 )

battery issues:

- after complete discharge, i charged it to 100% and did battery calibration, i noticed that after 76% it suddenly jumped to 100% fully charged so not sure if my batteries faulty
- and if my battery is bellow 50% it discharges really quickly even when screen is off and no wifi.
I didn't experience the video issue but the battery discharging from 50% to zero it happened to me twice. What I do is to make sure I close every task in the task manager before I turn off the display, it never happened again.

tennyaldo

Feb 2, 2013
I think you may need to exchange it, I have not read of so many problems on Onda's, my V711 had a screen problem but the rest was fine. I just ordered the V712 for the better screen

just exchanged it today, gonna test it if the battery issue appears again.

tennyaldo

Feb 2, 2013
I didn't experience the video issue but the battery discharging from 50% to zero it happened to me twice. What I do is to make sure I close every task in the task manager before I turn off the display, it never happened again.

ok i will try that

tennyaldo

Feb 2, 2013
just updated my onda v712 to jellybean and it got rid of the 45% draining issue but. the from 2hrs of use from ics, it dropped down to 1hr 30min of use in JB.

and i just bought some power banks at 8000mah... and thats it. at least the tablet runs faster now from 7k pts on antutu (ics) it jumped to 10k pts really happy with this tablet, no bugs no hangups no restarts. only battery problems.