Onda V701 ICS 4.0.3 with Play Store etc.. Walk-Through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primator

Nov 29, 2012
Shut down tablet, wait a minute to be sure it's completely off, press and hold home button (top far right) for about 3-4 seconds then still holding home button press and hold power button (top far left), then when white droid shows release both.

Success, thanks!

Edit: Google play and installed apps are working, no problems found so far.

Last edited:

coletrx

Nov 29, 2012
HiiiDiabolusZz, just signed up to report my results etc.

Firstly, thankyou very much!! Great post. I followed it to the letter, and it all worked as stated.

Notes on my install: I received an Onda V712 V2 2 days ago, baseband version 1.5.5 and Android 4.0.4. Great hardware, but couldnt access Google Play, or any Google website (other sites worked). After some investigation I decided to take the flash route to fix it (from what I read, I think the Onda default host file needed to be reset, but I cant confirm or deny this as I decided to flash with 1.5.5 to fix it). I can report that I am able to log into Google services.

Can anyone comment on why Onda would do this to a new tablet??

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
HiiiDiabolusZz, just signed up to report my results etc.

Firstly, thankyou very much!! Great post. I followed it to the letter, and it all worked as stated.

Notes on my install: I received an Onda V712 V2 2 days ago, baseband version 1.5.5 and Android 4.0.4. Great hardware, but couldnt access Google Play, or any Google website (other sites worked). After some investigation I decided to take the flash route to fix it (from what I read, I think the Onda default host file needed to be reset, but I cant confirm or deny this as I decided to flash with 1.5.5 to fix it). I can report that I am able to log into Google services.

Can anyone comment on why Onda would do this to a new tablet??

Onda dont register there tablets with Google, there must be costs involved somewhere, hence the cheap prices, hence no working playstore, so you have to have a copy of the store permissions rooted in the tablet. If you have any problems as some have reported audio problems or if play store wont find certain apps (angry birds) etc..

I have just done v712 v2 pre-rooted with full playstore access here -

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...e-pre-rooted-su-google-apps-iidiablouszz.html

beamer12

Nov 30, 2012
Hi, I have applied the root successfully (took a bit - my first go) and is all good except for 1 thing. After finishing, I decided to use the root directory to kill off the Chinese apps and lost ability to call up a keyboard when searching (fixed by installed keyboard app) but have another issue in that I can only play MP4 video (most of my vids are either avi, mp4 or mkv). Tried downloading several different video apps but all would only play the mp4's. Is there an easy solution or do I need to reload all the chinese apps and be more careful in what I delete ? Any help much appreciated and thanks again for the root instructions.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi, I have applied the root successfully (took a bit - my first go) and is all good except for 1 thing. After finishing, I decided to use the root directory to kill off the Chinese apps and lost ability to call up a keyboard when searching (fixed by installed keyboard app) but have another issue in that I can only play MP4 video (most of my vids are either avi, mp4 or mkv). Tried downloading several different video apps but all would only play the mp4's. Is there an easy solution or do I need to reload all the chinese apps and be more careful in what I delete ? Any help much appreciated and thanks again for the root instructions.

Hi, go here -
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...e-pre-rooted-su-google-apps-iidiablouszz.html

Download your v2 version and follow, let me know how you go.

colinyoung

Nov 30, 2012
I guess I should have finished reading the whole post before I asked my question. I understand why the SD card is needed, since you have to wipe it first.

gargamel

Dec 3, 2012
Hi and thx for this excellent tutorial. This evening i will try it. But i have 2 questions... Can i do it all to go to v 1.5.5. in my V701 but in Spanish? If i dont want all the chinesse aplications must i delete the patch.zip file during update?

EDIT I have just do it.... FANTASTIC!! Now i have my tablet with all in spanish, without absolutlely nothing in Chinese and rooted. Thx very much ;)

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi and thx for this excellent tutorial. This evening i will try it. But i have 2 questions... Can i do it all to go to v 1.5.5. in my V701 but in Spanish? If i dont want all the chinesse aplications must i delete the patch.zip file during update?

Hi, if you go to the link below and follow all instructions it will work fine and yes it contains all languages its what i have on my v701 1.5.5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.