Easy root and install google play on any onda tablet+firmware

gst0098

Dec 5, 2012
The update to JB does nothing, apparently it install all the chinese crap and nothing more ....

I looked inside update.zip/system/build.prop and found that it contains:

ro.build.description=g12refM806A1-user 4.1.1 JRO03C eng.g12refM806A1.20121117

So it appears not to be a fake.

Any ideas ?

G.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
The update to JB does nothing, apparently it install all the chinese crap and nothing more ....

I looked inside update.zip/system/build.prop and found that it contains:

ro.build.description=g12refM806A1-user 4.1.1 JRO03C eng.g12refM806A1.20121117

So it appears not to be a fake.

Any ideas ?

G.

I will download the file and have a look at the code.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
i bought this by ebay:

Onda VI30 Dual Core 8" Android 4 0 Cortex A9 1 5GHz Tablet PC 8GB 1GB DDR3 RAM | eBay

Onda Vi30 Dual Core 8" Android 4.0 Cortex A9 1.5GHz Tablet PC 8GB 1GB DDR3 RAM

tell me which firmware to use and work well pls, the first tutorial at least the green android worked and it became 4.1.1 but no rooting, this new guide the green android doesnt appear, instead it turns off when i release both buttons

thanks

Hi use the firmware you got before then use the first part of section 2 and when you have it installed go to the link below, this will root it, then using root explorer go to system/apps and delete the chinese apps.

root - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/onda-tablet-forum/51122-any-firmware-root-only.html

Heres a list of the apps to remove -

delete("/system/app/AnZhi_Onda_Pad_VER_3_4.apk");
delete("/system/app/cn.com.fetion_387122.apk");
delete("/system/app/cn.goapk.market_0.apk");
delete("/system/app/cn.wps.moffice_415977.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.google.android.inputmethod.pinyin_403232.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.jingdong.app.mall_393676.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.mt.mtxx.mtxx_366156.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.netease.newsreader.activity_353500.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.pplive.androidpad_199584.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.qq.reader_409567.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.sina.weibo_273060.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.tencent.minihd.qq_403348.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.tencent.mm_357775.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.youdao.dict_403989.apk");
delete("/system/app/FireAirReceiver.apk");
delete("/system/app/FireAirSender.apk");
delete("/system/app/GameZone.apk");
delete("/system/app/kwplayer_ar_3.3.0.0_onda01.apk");
delete("/system/app/ONDA_for_A1x_v3.3.apk");
delete("/system/app/ondaforpad_0.3.1_v3197.apk");
delete("/system/app/shoujiMSN7.apk");
delete("/system/app/softonda.apk");
delete("/system/app/UCMobile_V2.0.3.210_apad_pf147_bi800_Build12091417.apk");

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Think im about to break the tab very soon.. puuuuh!!
Tried everything now to get it to bot from a real bootloader. CWM and everything. But all the time I get back to the TNT bootloader and it starts like usual with their software. Tried all button combinations 100 times to get it to start in recovery mode, with and without sd card.
I guess that the problem is that the TNT software was installed with "livesuit" and a image file with the software. Guess that the software included their own bootloader and alles..? So I might need to flash it again via livesuit with any other image file.. or?

Take care!!
-J2D

Yes you will have to, download the firmware package from onda then flash using the usb software, that will rid the boot.

gst0098

Dec 5, 2012
I will download the file and have a look at the code.
UPDATE: there were two wrong things with my last attempt to upgrade: the first one was that the downloaded packaged was not complete, for some reasons today a new release appeared into the ONDA site with a different name and with an additional file inside, the new file is named aml_autoscript.sh and does some stuff in order to properly repartition the tablet to make the upgrade possible. The second wrong thing is that I was using a 16Gb sandisk class 10 microsd card, reading the info into the package (translated from simplified chinese with ms-translator) I discovered that only sizes in the range 512mb-8gb are supported. Taken a 8gb card from the wife phone and voila': the upgrade went succesfull, and the root following the section 2 of the OP also. FYI rooting with the file given on one of the last posts was not working with my tablet. The tablet now is much more responsive. Thanks and best regards. Giuseppe

sirknow

Nov 24, 2012
Hi use the firmware you got before then use the first part of section 2 and when you have it installed go to the link below, this will root it, then using root explorer go to system/apps and delete the chinese apps.

root - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/onda-tablet-forum/51122-any-firmware-root-only.html

Heres a list of the apps to remove -

delete("/system/app/AnZhi_Onda_Pad_VER_3_4.apk");
delete("/system/app/cn.com.fetion_387122.apk");
delete("/system/app/cn.goapk.market_0.apk");
delete("/system/app/cn.wps.moffice_415977.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.google.android.inputmethod.pinyin_403232.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.jingdong.app.mall_393676.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.mt.mtxx.mtxx_366156.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.netease.newsreader.activity_353500.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.pplive.androidpad_199584.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.qq.reader_409567.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.sina.weibo_273060.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.tencent.minihd.qq_403348.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.tencent.mm_357775.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.youdao.dict_403989.apk");
delete("/system/app/FireAirReceiver.apk");
delete("/system/app/FireAirSender.apk");
delete("/system/app/GameZone.apk");
delete("/system/app/kwplayer_ar_3.3.0.0_onda01.apk");
delete("/system/app/ONDA_for_A1x_v3.3.apk");
delete("/system/app/ondaforpad_0.3.1_v3197.apk");
delete("/system/app/shoujiMSN7.apk");
delete("/system/app/softonda.apk");
delete("/system/app/UCMobile_V2.0.3.210_apad_pf147_bi800_Build12091417.apk");

look what i noticed

after ive used the firmware VI30 DUAL CORE base version 1.5 factory non-modificated version
kernel version 3.0.8-g9cae14c-dirty
xiaoyang huan@droid07-sz #2
version number: ICS.g12refM805.20120911

after this firmware, i couldnt use the (after placing update and patch and factory.aml files on sdcard, HOLD HOME BUTTON + POWER BUTTON, WAIT 4 SECONDS AND AS SOON AS I SEE THE WHITE DROID I RELEASE IT AND IT COMES TO OTHER MODE) it doest work anymore with any kind of firmware on my sdcard.

it just TURNS OFF instanly after i release both, no green android anymore

maybe the first version (factory) this thing of green android doesnt work? how could i have back the (release home button + power button and see white android, release them and see the green android) back again?

thanks

ps.: i tried the VI30D_v2.0-1129SD and VI30D_V2.0_1117SD and the same thing, no green android (both tutoriais, the old and new one).
battery 95%.

updated: i tried a Vi30D_v1.2.tar and its going GREEN ANDROID RIGHT NOW and updating, ill take a look what will happen, later i post

updated2: it updated the firmware to 1.2 now, but it still doing NO GREEN DROID (turning it off instead) with the last firmwares 2.0 and so on. :(

Last edited:

colinyoung

Nov 30, 2012
Do I have to Root my device to get Android Play to be in english? I only ask because my children will be the primary users of this device. I don't know if you know kids but they don't need there paws to be anywhere they are not needed.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Do I have to Root my device to get Android Play to be in english? I only ask because my children will be the primary users of this device. I don't know if you know kids but they don't need there paws to be anywhere they are not needed.

Hi, yes you need root to remove the chinese apps and playstore needs to be rooted to work, once its done you can delete rootexplorer so the kids dont wipe any thing important!! any help just ask.

pescadorsp

Dec 1, 2012
For those who rooted, but store doesn't show all apps e.g. Maps, Angry birds, etc.
Use root explorer or ES file explorer and go to /system/etc/permissions
If you don't have these two files android.hardware.location.gps.xml android.hardware.location.xml follow the procedure below:

1. Backup /system/etc/permissions (just take a copy with ES file explorer)
2. Extract this zip (http://www.slatedroid.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=4679)
3. copy the files
android.hardware.location.gps.xml android.hardware.location.xml to /system/etc/permissions
3. Make sure the file permission are rw-r-r (with ES file explorer, long tap then properties)
4. Go to settings->apps and tap Google Play Store
5. Click on Clear data and Clear Cache.
6. Go to Googe Play Services and Clear Data and Cache
7. Go to Google Service Framework and Clear Data and Chace.
6. Reboot tablet
7. Open market and accept license

Thanks trustno12003 for the tip.

johnny2d

Dec 3, 2012
Hours and forums later I can boot to recovery. (onda vi 40 elite v3, with hard to get into recovery)
Managed to get the origial very old onda rom on the device. and to get to recovery mode I do this procedure I found somewhere.
Turn off completely, wait a minute. Press and hold "back button" and after 2 seconds also press and hold power button. Hold Both them 2 seconds, release power button and then release back button. then the android downon ground with red sign appears after few seconds and I can get into menus and to the stuff.
Downloading the latest rom from onda now and in just 3 hours I about to try to get the JB on the device. =)

johnny2d

Dec 3, 2012
aah,
Latest from Onda but it fails..
Installing Update...
assert failed getprop( ro.product.device ) == "g12ref M1005" || ETC.....
E:error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
/Status 7)

Any idea?
-J2D

johnny2d

Dec 3, 2012
Just removed the assert rows in META-INF ^^
Got into next problem..
Verifying update package...
E:Signature verification failed
Installation Aborted.

Am I the ony one getting all the problems?

johnny2d

Dec 3, 2012
Think it might be the CWM that dont get properly installed so I get the wrong recovery.
Anyone that can explain how to install cwm the right way, Use CF-root? or? Any link to exact how to do it because im lost..
Now i got CM10 in the pad, but no compabillitypack because it gets the Signature verivication failed.

rugal

Nov 27, 2012
Hi iiDiabolusZz. Now that Onda has launched the 2.0 firm for the v701, are you going to lauch any custom JB rom with SU and other adds?

Now with 4.0.3 I cannot install apps from Google Play like Twitter, cause it says that the device is not compatible.

Anyone knows how to resolve that issue?
Thanks

Enviado desde mi ONDA MID usando Tapatalk 2