onda vi40 dual core SD card not mounting on startup

Carell

Aug 11, 2012
Thanks reformatting worked fine - I copied all the contents over to an external usb and then back afterwards. Just usef
8k cluster size as reccomended.

Your Flash I don't understand as I am infomedd that Amlogic 8726 ? Dual Core MX does not support Flash above 10.2 and will only work within System Browser. You never say which version or whether you can use other browsers etc...e
If you provided more info that would be helpful.

One problem - sd was major now sorted thanks. Maybe flash ca be as well

1 proble

Glad it worked!
As for the Flash, I have an Onda Tablet Vi30 dual core running android 4.0.3. The Adobe Flash Player 10.2 downlaoded from the play store works just fine in Chrome and Browser... Unfortunatelly, I believe they removed the flash player from the play store. I believe you can easily find the original apk on google...

Putraah

Oct 13, 2012
Thanks reformatting worked fine - I copied all the contents over to an external usb and then back afterwards. Just usef
8k cluster size as reccomended.

Your Flash I don't understand as I am infomedd that Amlogic 8726 ? Dual Core MX does not support Flash above 10.2 and will only work within System Browser. You never say which version or whether you can use other browsers etc...e
If you provided more info that would be helpful.

One problem - sd was major now sorted thanks. Maybe flash ca be as well

1 proble

UPDATED: You were right, after around 3-4h uptime it finally finished checking that sd card, so now it can be finally used again. :) I really do hope that it will stay this way without formating.

So, if I have understood correctly, I have to leave it on, without going to sleep (If it goes to sleep, the screen won't turn back on, so I have to force restart it, and the card checking would start all over again, after the restart) until it eventually mounts the internal sd card, and only then I will have access to reformat the card? Please let me know, if this is the right way to do that.
So far, system uptime is around 2 hours and it still hasn't checked it for errors. ;/
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

smudger

Sep 5, 2012
UPDATED: You were right, after around 3-4h uptime it finally finished checking that sd card, so now it can be finally used again. :) I really do hope that it will stay this way without formating.

So, if I have understood correctly, I have to leave it on, without going to sleep (If it goes to sleep, the screen won't turn back on, so I have to force restart it, and the card checking would start all over again, after the restart) until it eventually mounts the internal sd card, and only then I will have access to reformat the card? Please let me know, if this is the right way to do that.
So far, system uptime is around 2 hours and it still hasn't checked it for errors. ;/
Any help would be appreciated.

In such a situation I would use usb debugging.

1) Make sure it is enabled in settings and use otg usb cable to connect to computer. The onda should ask you if you want to turn on usb storage

2) If linux use fsck which is quick. Google linux fsck if unsure for info. You will need to discover the /dev of the onda sdcard with other commands

2 a) If Windows then use your favourite dis utility

LordArpaul

Dec 4, 2012
Although it is not clear what causes that issue involving your internal sd, slooowing your OS as it says it's being prepared, it is known that big games that need additional downloads (i.e. Gameloft ones) into the internal sd, aswell as big files from common downloads made with browsers, contribute to that. And that's why commonly offered solutions format internal sd. It is not exactly a bug, just an awkward and unnecessary misshandling of the micro.

My best solution, check your latest downloads/ installs, wipe the newest, to a safe-point when you were able to reboot your baby with no issues.

But if that is not enough, wait until it has finished with the process of prepairing, and then format internal sd.