PC Files Transfer

Judith Krochmal

Sep 10, 2014
I connected my usb cord of the tablet to my pc...........NADA happened....tried over and over and nothing happened....i then called the co.and the girl told me i had to get a SC Card, transfer to that and then connect to the tablet for a transfer....she told me my Android Irulu is NOT compatible to Windows 7.....is this true?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
No drivers should be required to transfer from PC to tablet, so one of three possibilities present themselves.

1. The cable is bad.
2. The tablet's mini USB port is bad.
3. The PC's USB port is bad.

In the case of number 3, make sure the cable is directly connected to the PC. Don't use a hub.

The person you spoke to sounds like they wanted to get you off the phone and gave a bogus reason that sounded plausible.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Had an old tablet that wouldn't connect until it was "authorized" in the settings/storage menu.
Just my 2 cents...

oldg1t92

Sep 16, 2014
I transfer to and from my android tablets and phones to windows7 Other than a dodgy lead (which worked elsewhere ?) No probs.

Judith Krochmal

Sep 10, 2014
No drivers should be required to transfer from PC to tablet, so one of three possibilities present themselves.

1. The cable is bad.
2. The tablet's mini USB port is bad.
3. The PC's USB port is bad.

In the case of number 3, make sure the cable is directly connected to the PC. Don't use a hub.

The person you spoke to sounds like they wanted to get you off the phone and gave a bogus reason that sounded plausible.
..................I have called Irulu....was told to use a SD micro card..to transfer whatever files i wanted from pc to Irulu.......as Irulu is NOT compatible to Windows 7....i bought the card and a carrier....all went like a charm!!! No USB is needed and the ports are in excellent condition....
Not a bogus info was given to me....but rather...GOOD info was given...jk

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Any tablet, supposedly, not compatible with Windows 7 would be a first. Though I think you got some bogus info the fact that you have everything working now is a good thing.

Judith Krochmal

Sep 10, 2014
Any tablet, supposedly, not compatible with Windows 7 would be a first. Though I think you got some bogus info the fact that you have everything working now is a good thing.
Why would Irulu tell me on the phone to use a Micro SD Card....she has nothing to gain by it...this puzzles me....Judy

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
It all boils down to how a call center functions. Operators at a call center are rated on how quickly they can deal with customers, and how many customers they can deal with in a day. They earn incentives for good ratings. Add to this the fact call center support is often outsourced and not part of the company, and it's easy to see the operator had everything to gain by feeding you bogus information.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Why would Irulu tell me on the phone to use a Micro SD Card....she has nothing to gain by it...this puzzles me....Judy

Just an fyi that there are literally dozens of ways to transfer files without using the SD card and not plugging it into your computer. I have some info in a link in my signature but the short story is that you can do it over WiFi using an app like WiFi File Transfer or AirDroid or even over your network using a file manager like ES File Explorer.

As for not being able to connect via USB, that is not an uncommon problem but is usually an issue with the PC's configuration or a corruption. With a lot of work it "may" be solvable but may not be worth the time and effort. Which is probably a reason the support tech took a shortcut by providing false information.