Playing Movies on NOOK HD+

Dec 19, 2011
Hello everyone- I'm fairly new here, and just got a NOOK HD+ because it was on sale at B/N.. I need to know(in layman's/newbie) terms the best and easiest way possible to rip and convert MY DVD's that I own to put onto the NOOK. I see handbrake, DVD Catalyst, and more and more programs to do this. I'm not very tech savvy, so I need something that doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out. I'd only be able to work with my laptops dvd drive a I don't have a blu-ray drive in my Asus laptop. I refuse to re-purchase DVD's that I already own from B/N just to have them play on the Nook Video app. I have a 32G Nook HD+, and have just purchased a 32g micro card to supplement the one in the unit. PLEASE can anyone help me with this? I'd just like to put some of my own DVD's that I purchased onto this NOOK. It shouldn't be against the law for me to rip and sync the Dvd's that I paid for once. Thanks everyone for being patient if this has been posted or mentioned previously. I'd appreciate any/all help. Thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
DVD Catalyst would definitely be suitable for converting the DVDs. It has presets for most devices. Handbrake is good but obtuse for the average user. The problem you may run into is the digital rights management (DRM) on those DVDs, some will work as a ripped movie but many wont. You may want to check out the DVD Catalyst forum for more information (here)

D

dvdcatalyst

Thank you ohnonothimagain :)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mayday3b

Mar 4, 2012
I am so glad that I found this forum. I was searching for a way to rip some movies to use on my HD+. DVD Catalyst fits the bill for me perfectly. It is reasonably priced and very very easy to use. Love it! Thanks for mentioning it here.

slow_mo_panda

Nov 19, 2010
I have been using the FREE program DVDshrink for years. Combined with the FREE download of AVC [Any Video Converter] I can rip and convert DVDs extremely easily, and for free too. I don't do it nearly as much since I got rid of my huge desktop PC, though.

rhinemaiden

Aug 20, 2013
Thanks to this forum and this thread, I discovered DVDcatalyst... a miracle worker! It's not my first time converting videos, but it is my first time with the Nook HD+ (brand new to me, arrived yesterday, love at first sight). I downloaded the DVD catalyst trial, the finished product produced an instant 'WOW" when viewed on my Nook. I immediately upgraded to the paid DVDcatalyst version... well worth it! Thanks forum for steering me to a great app! (which, by the way, I'm running on a Windows Vista laptop... no problems whatsoever.)