Please help!! Problem with Setting -> Display :(

make1circle

Jun 4, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have just installed the Mobo video player Pro on my new Onda Vi40, but after installing, I got on the desktop a three-button control, which is the Wi-fi, auto-rotate and contrast button, not sure how it gets there. However, when I tried to go to the Setting -> Display, it keeps telling me 'The Setting has stopped working' and I have to select 'OK' to get out. Being annoyed, I went out to the desktop and removed the three-button control, hoping to get back the Display on my Setting panel. However, after I removed it, I found I have no way to get it back! I still can't get to the Setting -> Display page, the error remains. And now, the tablet does not know how to hibernate. Can someone tell me how to get it back?? If I need to re-install, can someone tell me what steps I should do????

Many thanks!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like an app is acting wonky. Try uninstalling Mobo from the play store (market) or where ever you installed it from. Then try rebooting.

Another thing to try, Settings - Apps - All - Settings - Clear Cache. Reboot.

make1circle

Jun 4, 2012
Thanks for your suggestion. I just gave it a try, uninstalled the Mobo, shut down and re-start, still, same message, 'Unfortunatelly the Setting has stopped' :( :( :(
Anything else I should try? Any help is appreciated!!!! Thanks!

GAZ_svk

May 23, 2012
well, if the above didn`t work, next step would be reflashing firmware i guess...

this guide worked fine for me:
Colonel Zap's Blog: Onda Vi40 Firmware Flashing Guide by Francis

and you can pick from a bunch of firmware-s, the original onda (from their page,or anywhere else on the web), or custom ones, I use the Vanilla 1.1, heard good things about Angel and TNT too, haven`t tried though

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/onda-tablet-forum/39011-onda-vi40-v3-vanilla-1-1-firmware.html

Onda vi40 Elite V3 Firmware 1.1 ANGEL - SlateDroid.com

TNT Onda Vi40 Elite Custom Firmware - Finally... - SlateDroid.com

be careful about checking your version of the tablet on the back sticker, V1 or V3, and choose the firmware accordingly. it`s mentioned in the flash guide too...

make1circle

Jun 4, 2012
Thanks...I ended up doing a reset and re-installing everything :( and the Settings come back ...thanks for the info...I will keep the links handy though.

well, if the above didn`t work, next step would be reflashing firmware i guess...

this guide worked fine for me:
Colonel Zap's Blog: Onda Vi40 Firmware Flashing Guide by Francis

and you can pick from a bunch of firmware-s, the original onda (from their page,or anywhere else on the web), or custom ones, I use the Vanilla 1.1, heard good things about Angel and TNT too, haven`t tried though

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/onda-tablet-forum/39011-onda-vi40-v3-vanilla-1-1-firmware.html

Onda vi40 Elite V3 Firmware 1.1 ANGEL - SlateDroid.com

TNT Onda Vi40 Elite Custom Firmware - Finally... - SlateDroid.com

be careful about checking your version of the tablet on the back sticker, V1 or V3, and choose the firmware accordingly. it`s mentioned in the flash guide too...

onsyneo

Jun 12, 2012
Hi I have the same problem. Do you reset to Factory Settings or hitting the pinhole? Thanks for your help.

Thanks...I ended up doing a reset and re-installing everything :( and the Settings come back ...thanks for the info...I will keep the links handy though.

Edit: I did Factory Data Reset and it's now working..

SETTINGS>BACK UP AND RESET>FACTORY DATA RESET> RESET DEVICE

Last edited:

lextar

Jul 21, 2012
I only just got my Vi40 the other day, and I played with the settings and chose to ignore this issue. I got this out the box! although I got a feeling this isn't new (although sold as so) as the screen protector already on it looks used and corner was bent too :(

After going download app crazy (80+ games) I finally decide to look it up.

Is there any way to resolve this without a factory reset? Does it matter?

thoresby85

Oct 6, 2012
Hello Im new to the forum.
Can anyone help me locate an English user manual for the onda Vi40 elite?
Its a new edition to our family and we are struggling to use it and can't locate an English user guide anywhere.
Any help greatfully appreciated

Thanks