Powered USB Cable (USB to DC) for the Pandigital Novel (Black 7")

johnston21

Mar 8, 2011
Has anyone found a powered USB cable (USB to DC, ie. std USB to a round 2.5MM??? connector) for the Pandigital Novel (black 7").

I've emailed Pandigital asking for the connector's specs, but have not yet heard back. At the moment it's "hit-n-miss" trying to locate over the web.

Apr 26, 2011
Has anyone found a powered USB cable (USB to DC, ie. std USB to a round 2.5MM??? connector) for the Pandigital Novel (black 7").

I've emailed Pandigital asking for the connector's specs, but have not yet heard back. At the moment it's "hit-n-miss" trying to locate over the web.

I read somewhere that the PDN cannot be powered/recharged by the USB cable. It may be in the manual or on the Pandigital website Q & A.
The power requirements are regulated 5.0 volts at 1.5 to 2.5 amps (2 amps prefered by original power supply).

I got a travel power cord for the car at Radio Shack. They should have an AC adapter as well. Get a power supply with the right voltage and current. Then just get the right plug adapter size for the cord end.

Ranger

Aug 21, 2011
I found that the Novel will charge by USB, however there needs to be a good ammount of current. Most computers don't supply enough current through the USB ports. I found that an old Blackberry charger works well, though a little slow at .75 amps. Car chargers work better, because they usually supply more current and it's better to be mobile with a pad anyway.