Prestigio PMP5770 Firmware update help requested.

sweevo

Apr 18, 2013
First off, I'd like to point out that I am relatively tech savvy when it comes to PCs, but tablets are a whole new world for me, so please be gentle! :)

I have just purchased a Prestigio PMP5770 Multipad. All seems well so far, but I wanted to update it to the latest firmware. I tried the update software app, but that didn't work, so I downloaded the firmware straight from the Prestigio site. The problem is that the manual is not exactly helpful! It has the following:

"Format SD card into the FAT32 filesystem.
2. Copy files:
- Update.zip
- factory_update_param.aml
- uImage_recovery
from the folder /Firmware into the SD card.
3. Power off the device, press and hold “POWER” and “VOLUME-” button. Device would enter upgrade mode"

What I don't understand is, if I format the SD card, I won't be able to use the file explorer to copy the files from my PC to my tablet. Also, how do I format the SD card? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, as I feel old and stupid!

sweevo

Apr 18, 2013
Sorry to reply to my own post, but I have an update. After contacting Prestigio support, it turns out that I need a separate SD card for the firmware update. So, problem (hopefully) solved.

stonoga58

May 7, 2013
Hello Sveevo,
I have the same tablet as you. It is 6 months old, not rooted yet, system ICS 4.0.4. I installed several book readers ( like Moon reader, Cool reader, Aldico), X-plore file manager, FM radio and some others. Everthing worked well up to yesterday. Yesterday I switched the tablet on, and after normal series of start pictures, instead of normal screen I have seen communicate that system cannot be loaded normally, and the device need to be reset. I copied my main data to the PC by USB (under Windows). I switched it off , and during the day tried some times to start again, but still the same situation. Finally today I agreed on reset. And nothing better, even worse. No start pictures, exept the first grey one.
I thing I need to restore factory settings. Have you finally success with recovering? Where, can I find the files you listed?