Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelers4582

Jan 12, 2011
Is there anyway to print to a network printer from a gTab?

Sent from my TnT G-Harmony using Android Tablet Forum

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Check out Google Cloud Print for this. You set it all up with Chrome on a PC, then you can do it.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!

legs74

Mar 24, 2011
Google Print operates through the "Cloud." There is no way currently, to print directly from your Android tablet to a WiFi or network printer without a specific driver for that printer make and model. IPAD does it because they entered into an agreement with HP to provide the driver for two specific HP printers.

There are some print apps that go through the trouble of making a customized driver, but they charge by the sheet.
Cloud printing means someone is watching somewhere. Look at Google's disclosure on Google Print. Its easy to read and understand (for a change). They are monitoring everything you send through theircloud server and keeping a copy of it, at least until the job is finished. They also reserve the right to inspect print jobs for quality control, so they are watching. Doesn't matter if you do not care.
I print from my Android tablet through my PC...directly using FileLinx.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Depending on your printer there are also some other options. Canon Easy Photo Print allows you to connect to certain Canon Wifi-printers. This is also dependent on whether the application that you are using on the Android device supports printing. It is also setup primarily for photo printing.

there is also an application called PrinterShare from PrinterDynamics. Mobile Dynamix this app is not bad, again you need to make sure that the app supports what you really need, and that your printer is one of the ones they support.

cool1100

Dec 7, 2010
Printershare works fine, they do not charge by the sheet, but there is a charge for the app You can download the app for free and test to see if it can find and print to your printer. It found my wifi Epson and my Brother laser hooked to an Airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.