Problem /w eBook Download

jimdeigh

Jul 16, 2014
Hi All,

I still don't know much about the Lenovo my wive gave me a year or so ago. Actually, have really had no use for it since we have desktops at home and laptops when we travel. However, I decided I would download an eBook or so to be able to read them when not around the house.

So, I downloaded an eBook just to get into it (Yes, there are some books on it in my Kindle directory that are no problem). The book shows up under "downloads", but when I click on it, it says it can't be opened. I'm totally lost and my wife is trying to help me, but her tablet is a Kindle, so she's lost too................and loosing stuff on my tablet:(.

Someone told me I could use the "Amazon Send to Kindle app. It will upload the file to your Amazon account and then add it to your Kindle for PC library for you". We couldn't find "Amazon Send".

He also told me to "Use the "Find" feature on your computer and see if you have a folder named "Kindle Library." If so drop your mobi file in it and then launch Kindle for PC".

I do (or did) have the Kindle Library, but I think my wife sent it up into the "cloud" and can no longer find it. Before that, she couldn't figure how to move the downloaded file (eBook) to the Kindle Library. Also, the seven books in the library were lost.......if, in fact, it is lost.

I'm open to ANYTHING...............maybe even tossing the sucker (if the price is right):D.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.

Regards,

Jim

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I think the problem is the format of that file. What is the extension?

jimdeigh

Jul 16, 2014
Welcome to the forum

I think the problem is the format of that file. What is the extension?

It's a .mobi file. Isn't that what is used by Android? I have other books on (or I did, not sure now) and they read fine. Some may have come with the tablet, but not all of them did.

We can't even determine how to search for files on the Android. I haven't even tried to learn it and Sherry has a Kindle, so it's just been laying round taking it easy :).

Thanks, Jim

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
There are actually several different extensions for e-books, epub being one of the more popular. Here is a quote from an Amazon site

MOBI (mobi)

MOBI files (.prc) created with the legacy program MobiPocket Creator are no longer supported. Only MOBI (.mobi) files created with Amazon tools such as KindleGen tool are supported and recommended. To learn more about using and downloading KindleGen, please visit Tools and Resources.

Check all the types of books this app can read. Probably a good idea to install it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flyersoft.moonreader