Problem with Micro SD

emilynico

Jan 4, 2014
I just got a new tablet, a 9 inch Icraig android tablet and it works fine, not having any big problems with it.
But I got a kingston micro sd card 8GB and whenever I put it in, it's recognized and everything but it says under storage that it's total space available is 7.27 GB and then when I go under apps in settings, under "sd card" it says I have 1.2 GB used, only 22 MB free.
It's not allowing me to put anything else on my tablet and I was just wondering what could be wrong? I've already formatted the sd card and whenever I look into it on my computer, none of the files have anything in them.
Is it this specific sd card or is it in relation to the tablet?

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I'm not sure how a Craig's file system is set up but most android devices have two internal partitions.
Internal (or phone storage)
Sdcard (this is not your external removable card)

Removable storage:
Sdcard1(could also be called sdcard ext., or sdcard2). This is your removable card. You will need to mount it in Settings--->storage. Then install a file manager app like es file explorer to access the files on it. What you see in the settings menu is only a graph of what you have available. Not a way to access the data.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I have the same card installed and mounted on my tablet and it works fine. As mentioned in the previous post, I'm sure a file manager app will resolve your issue. I use ASTRO File Manager.