Softwinerkf026 Allwinner A13 Tablet - Sandisk Micro SD Not Recognised

Chris_N

Jan 18, 2014
I have a new softwinerkf026 (9" Capacitive Allwinner A13) tablet* running Android 4.1.1 and the 32 Gbt Sandisk micro sd is not recognized. (SanDisk 32GB Ultra Android Micro SD (SDHC) Class 10 UHS-1 30MB/s) I tried reformatting the mico sd on my computer and rebooting the tablet but it still can't be recognized and the files can't be seen. I also tried another older 1Gbt sandisk, tried reformatting the mico sd and rebooting the tablet but still not recognized. Under settings / Storage there are two places where it says internal storage/mount SD card but selecting either one does not appear to do anything. File manager under External SD card shows nothing. I also have Isilo installed but it can't access the external micro sd. On my computer a test file clearly shows on the micro sd card. I have tried reformatting with FAT 32 default file allocation, exFat32 and also NTSF but still no recognition. Now its back to FAT32 default file allocation size.

I am wondering if this is a setting problem, a hardware problem or an android software problem. Your advice would be appreciated.

Kind Regards
Chris

Musing

Aug 27, 2012
Chris, I suspect the tablet has a problem with a 32GB SD card, have you tried a 16GB card? Just a guess. :)

Chris_N

Jan 18, 2014
Thanks for your reply. The product description mentions memory is expandable up to 32 Gbt. I also tried a 1Gbt card and that also wasn't recognized.

Kind Regards
Chris

Chris_N

Jan 18, 2014
Musing, thanks for this information. I have a 32Gbt Sandisk micro sd class 10. It works fine on my computer with the adaptor. I have also tried inserting two different 1Gbt micro sd formatted with FAT32 at the default settings into the tablet. Under storage there are two places where it says internal storage / mount sd card. Pressing either of them long or short does nothing. There is nothing under the memory settings that says mount External SD card. I hope the tablet card reader is not faulty but somehow I suspect its a problem with the settings or the bios. With a computer its possible to get into the bios and check the hardware settings are configured correctly. I don't know if this is possible with Android tablets.

Kind Regards
Chris