Problems with google Samsung android tablet

kas

Jan 12, 2012
I have a google Samsung S5PV210 Android tablet. A few months ago it started shutting off in the middle of doing something, powered up for a moment then shut down and now it won't power up at all. I've tried powering up through my computer but no help. I was told it needed to go back to the manufacturer. Where do I find their website to find where I send it? Will it be more expensive to fix rather than buy a new one? I did find a suggestion online to take the back off and remove then replace the battery, but I cannot get the back off the tablet. Thank you for your help. I'm at my wits end with this. Ready to give up tablets altogether. Thank you all for your input.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum kas, glad you decided to join us!

Samsung SSPV210 is the processor inside, but the tablet itself is not made by Samsung. Do you have any information on it?

Also, please do not give up on tablets just because of one bad experience. IMO, most of the Android tablet models out there are these small-name cheap tablets. Many of these are not that great, and the worst part - Apple can always compare to them and how superior they are. I would only buy a major brand name tablet: Acer, Motorola, Samsung (Galaxy Tab), Lenovo, Sony, Asus, etc.

kas

Jan 12, 2012
I don't know much about this tablet. The box calls it a mini pad android in me and the small manual that came with it says ARM CortexTM-A8 MID mini pad. My husband got it for me for Christmas and all he says is that he warranty has run out. I believe he bought it online from China (for which I could shoot him). There's a lot of other information about the tablet such as hardware which is that ARM, CPU, RAM etc., but I cannot find anywhere that says the manufacturer. Thanks.