Process com.android.email has stopped / Connection Problem

Scuba64Steve

Nov 27, 2013
While I am sure there are already questions regarding my issue, I am new to the forum and was not familiar with where/how to find them.
I keep receiving the following message: "Unfortunately, the process com.android.email has stopped". I also continue to receive the following: "Connection Problem". The connection issue only affects one of my email accounts however. I have verified that all the settings and log in/password information is correct.
I have cleared the cache as well as completed a hard reset to no avail. Any assistance would be sincerely appreciated
Steven

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum Steven

There are quite a few possibilities. When you cleaned the cache did you do it for the mail app directly in the app manager? Since it's happening in the stock mail app, have you considered any of the "better" alternatives? Have you had any issues with browsing? That may indicate a possible WiFi connections issue as well.

Scuba64Steve

Nov 27, 2013
Welcome to the forum Steven

There are quite a few possibilities. When you cleaned the cache did you do it for the mail app directly in the app manager? Since it's happening in the stock mail app, have you considered any of the "better" alternatives? Have you had any issues with browsing? That may indicate a possible WiFi connections issue as well.

I cleared the cache from the app manager. What would be a better alternative? No issues browsing. Everything works fine, no slow downs. Only the error messages and the fact that I can't check my email.

Thanks
Steven

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Steven, congratulations on your TF101 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. Sorry to hear you're having problems. I'm moving your thread to the Asus TF101/SL101 Forum for you, where more people with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you get that email squared away. Good luck!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Clear the cache, (same way), force stop then restart and see if that makes a difference. If not you may want to consider a different mail app.