Purchasing 10" Tablet - Narrowing my search

kingokocim

Mar 19, 2011
Thanks to some of you I've narrowed my search for my first tablet. I would like a 10" Tablet. Here are my final 4 list of tablets I'm considering:
  • Viewsonic GTablet
  • Archos 101 IT
  • eLocity A10
  • Motorola Xoom
The obvious choice would be the Xoom, but it's quite expensive and I think it will improve after a few firmware updates and if I choose the Xoom, I might as well wait for them to make it better and possibly a drop in price with more competition out there.

I really would like the eLocity A10 at $449, with the ability to upgrade to Honeycomb, but I cannot find the actual release date, and I wonder if they are having problems with it. Also, does anyone know if the Android Market is available with this tablet?

If I don't see the A10 become available soon, I might go with the Viewsonic GTablet. It looks like a solid Tablet running Android 2.2. Does anyone know if it's upgradeable to Android 2.3 (which is supposed to be better for Tablets)?

I'd like to hear any input on these tablets (ie.. cost, release date, features, upgradeable, etc). I would really like to get a 10" Tablet, that isn't super heavy, and is solid on quality. Thank you all for your help.

kingokocim

kingokocim

Mar 19, 2011
I just got a reply from TigerDirect.com that although they are taking Pre-orders for the eLocity A10 at $449, they have no idea when the release date is. I definitely don't want to get tied down to one tablet without even knowing when it's going to be available. It looks like it was supposed to be release the beginning of February. Does anyone know why it didn't happen then? I can find very little information on this, yet a few sites continue to take pre-orders.