Query regarding Galaxy Tab(software query)

adhikari

Jan 17, 2011
Dear sir?madam
I am looking to buy a tablet-pc possibily samsung galaxy Tab..
My question is regarding the inside software which opearates SIM card is default opensource android STK package OR it is developed by samsung copyright software
To support the basic hardware are you using opensource software OR using any copyright software,, I am little worried for the copyright software BUT i am ok with opensource android software...It wil be good if entire software in galaxy-tab is opensource and no copyrighted software..
Mr samridh adhikari Bhutan

Last edited:

specmac

Oct 19, 2010
ear sir?madam
I am looking to buy a tablet-pc possibily samsung galaxy Tab..
My question is regarding the inside software which opearates SIM card is default opensource android STK package OR it is developed by samsung copyright software
To support the basic hardware are you using opensource software OR using any copyright software,, I am little worried for the copyright software BUT i am ok with opensource android software...It wil be good if entire software in galaxy-tab is opensource and no copyrighted software..
Mr samridh adhikari Bhutan

Your question is a little vague, but I'll try to answer. First off, this response below is about android devices in general and not specific to the Galaxy Tab, but does apply to these devices.

There is both open source and copyright software associated/available for any android based device. The base OS is open source. but individual devices may and probably do have copyrighted code included in the system. Most applications on the android market are copyrighted by their respective publisher. There are however a number of open source applications and or development products available for android applications as well.

adhikari

Jan 17, 2011
Its a good answere by specmac..I am more concrerned with thebasic hardware like simcardtool,,w/lan/gprs/bluetooth/and touch-screen hardwares in this tab..among those above hardware specified supporting software are android packages OR copyright software product ..

specmac

Oct 19, 2010
Its a good answere by specmac..I am more concrerned with thebasic hardware like simcardtool,,w/lan/gprs/bluetooth/and touch-screen hardwares in this tab..among those above hardware specified supporting software are android packages OR copyright software product ..

Hardware in these devices and their associated device drivers and software are usually proprietary. That being said, once your root your device, you do have access to this software and lots of developers do modify these in customizations and or in custom ROMS in order to add or unlock new functionality.

adhikari

Jan 17, 2011
Now, My question comes to an end except ROMS,, Galaxy tab ,, archos or others always refers to onborad storage that hold Or stores the Os.. what is this onboard storage, is it nand hard-drive OR sd card . may i know the dimension they usually use for the onboard storage,drive in a 7" tablet.. ( i am not asking the expansion storage) i am looking for the dimension of the onboard storage OR ROMS..

specmac

Oct 19, 2010
Now, My question comes to an end except ROMS,, Galaxy tab ,, archos or others always refers to onborad storage that hold Or stores the Os.. what is this onboard storage, is it nand hard-drive OR sd card . may i know the dimension they usually use for the onboard storage,drive in a 7" tablet.. ( i am not asking the expansion storage) i am looking for the dimension of the onboard storage OR ROMS..

Typically the ROM is held in Nand. Getting into the memory dimensions and addressing is a bit over my head. I'd ask these questions on the XDA Samsung Galaxy Developers forum

Last edited:

adhikari

Jan 17, 2011
i preassume the onboard storage should be NAND-FLASH and the dimension of a chip.. still not sure...waiting for a reply..

Last edited: