Question about buying a tablet and possibility of flashing custom honeycomb roms

luigic81

Mar 8, 2011
Hey everyone, first post here. 1st off I have an Evo 4g rooted running CM7 and love it! I'm pretty well versed in Android.

So my situation, I was fortunate to earn a free ipad wifi/3g 16gb from a sales contest at work, well Ive played with the thing for a few weeks and I have to say apple blows. Anyways gunna sell it on ebay, looking like I can get about $450 for it.
I then want to take the money and buy an android tablet, i really want a honeycomb one, but I know they are very expensive as they are just coming out.
So I thought to myself why couldn't I just buy a tablet that comes with Froyo, and then root it, and flash a custom honeycomb rom once a developer ports it over to my device..? It would save me alot of cash/waiting

So a few questions about that

1. Any hardware concerns or min specs that I should look for to make sure it can run honeycomb?
2. Is there alot of developers out there making custom roms for tablets? Like on XDA, or do they just focus on phones?
3. If the I can get those questions answered what tablet would you recomend?
I only need wifi, dont need 3g, I would like something a little smaller than the ipad, price range is $450 or less, and the use will just be for web browsing, playing games, etc... I'm located in Portland, OR

Thanks!!!

luigic81

Mar 8, 2011
nice thanks!
Anyone know if there are developers working on custom honeycomb roms? I don't see much on XDA for tablets....? Is there another site for tablet rom developent? Thanks!